Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

ive had my kenwood amplifier working for over a year now. however for some reason for the past few weeks, the subs keep cutting in and out randomly.

today when it cut out i pulled over and checked amplifier. the light was still on so the amp is still powered, and there was still slight vibrations in the subs... but very minimal. drove for another minute and subs came back on full power, and it keeps doing this. any idea whats going on??

connections on the amp are definatly tight so im thinking maybe the RCA's came loose somewhere? or maybe my fairly new amplifier is just shot?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sounds pretty similar to a problem I had in my last car... EDIT: now that I think about it, I think it was on the escape

Check your fuse under your hood, the one on your power wire. It might not look bad but it could be.

Throw a new one on there and see if that helps.

·
Registered
490 Posts
^ What he said. Could be a loose ground, or your fuse could be rusting under your hood. Check power and gnd connections to your amp.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that would be the case even if the amp is still powered on? and theres still slight power going to subs when its cutting out. ill take a look at the power, fuse and ground this weekend and see if thats the case, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts