·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw a piece on the NBC nightly news last night about C$C and they featured a woman trading up to an Escape. You can't get away from these things! :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I checked out the local Ford dealer after picking up the Tribute from the bodyshop. The Focus, Fusions (to a lesser extent), Escapes and Rangers are all pretty much gone. Lots of Mustangs, F-150s, and other large machines. It appears that anything with a four cylinder is off the lot as soon as it arrives. I think it's attempt of everyone going into the program looking to maiximize the government rebate cash to $4500 vs. $3500 with the trade in allowance.

When I left the Tribute I did a casual look around the lot and there were dozens of Focus cars, now maybe a handful, and Fusions are the same way with what appears to be only the high end models (six bangers) remaining. Rangers are all gone, they had dozens, and the Escapes are absolutely the same as Fusions. Just the Limited and decked out XLTs remain. I assume those are also V-6 models that don't do quite as well on mpg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts