Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hi Prowler! This is a pleasant surprise. Welcome to the city. In context of the earth day i am not sure as yet.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I'll be watering the lawn.

:bill:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I'm going to cut the lawn with a mulching mower and putting Earth's nutrients back into the earth :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I recycle all plastics/glass at my house. We take about 5 bags of recyclables to the container at the local park every 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Our town picks up recycleable stuff as part of the weekly garbage pickup. We just picked up an second recycle bin from the town.

I'm not driving anywhere tomorrow, or cooking anything.

Now I'd like to see us change bulbs from CFLs to LEDs, which use 10% of the energy of CFLs, last much longer, and can be dimmed (unlike most CFLs).

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
PollKat said:
Scooter Scott said:
I'm going to cut the lawn with a mulching mower and putting Earth's nutrients back into the earth :)
With a Tesla mower I hope ????? :)
Ummm..yeah...thats right :wacko:

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Our society needs to change its mindset. I have 3 huge green bins for regular trash that a automated truck comes through and locks into and picks up for the dump. THe driver never gets out of his cab.

For recycle I have 5(!) small bins. I usually have one bag in my trash bin and my recycles bins are stacked higher and overflowing onto the street. The recycle truck dirver has to get out and pick it all up by hand. Seems to me it should be the other way around. I need two big green bins for my recycle!!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
and what will YOU be doing for Earth Day tomorrow?
by prowler on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:02 am

Try real hard to stay on it.... :roll:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I'll be looking out in the backyard and enjoying the hundreds of bromeliads and ornamental grasses that require no mowing (air polution/gas consumption) and a fraction of the water of a regular lawn.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Isn't that the kind of grass that you can't walk on with bare feet?

:bill:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Scooter Scott said:
I recycle all plastics/glass at my house. We take about 5 bags of recyclables to the container at the local park every 2 weeks.
and I recycled TENS-OF-THOUSANDS of beverage bottles today (that prowlie may just Save the Earth after all!)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:clap:

I kept my promise and worked from home today. No driving...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts