Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an Escape with the Sport Appearance package while driving by my dealer the other day, so I swerved across six lanes of traffic to take a look. Sorry about the accident that I caused.

:bill:

Me likey. I just might be back in a few months to pick one up, but probably in another color.

Then I noticed that Ford relocated the liftgate controls from the license plate trim plate to a recess below the license plate. The trim above the license plate no longer contains the liftgate button. This XLT also has the FFV V6 (and that's not a dent, just the sun blinding my camera phone):

Now you know how to spot a 2010 'scape.

Carry on.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
jpark said:
I saw an Escape with the Sport Appearance package while driving by my dealer the other day, so I swerved across six lanes of traffic to take a look. Sorry about the accident that I caused.

:bill:

Me likey. I just might be back in a few months to pick one up, but probably in another color.
Can you pick one up for me too while you're at it? I'll take mine black. TIA!!! :)

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
jpark said:
Then I noticed that Ford relocated the liftgate controls from the license plate trim plate to a recess below the license plate. The trim above the license plate no longer contains the liftgate button.

YUK! That looks terrible! Why the :censor: would they do that???

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i like it nice and hidden!!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
yeah why would someone mess with success? My grandfather used to say " if it ain't broken don't fix it." I feel like that handle takes away from the clean look of the rear end. Maybe they were trying to make it easier to lift the tailgate for little people that couldn't reach the old position. lol

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
RobtRoma said:
YUK! That looks terrible! Why the :censor: would they do that???
Amen to that! So much for the nice clean look back there.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ford did the same thing to the 2008+ Edge. My 2007 has the liftgate button under the license plate trim as well, but no lower recess (there was one on the 2007 MKX, and that's what Ford carried over to the Edge a year later). That's the easy way to spot a 2007 Edge.

The reason they changed it on the Edge is that shorter people (and especially women) had trouble lifting up the liftgate from such a (relatively) high lift point, so I'm guessing that Ford had some complaints with the Escape's higher beltline on the 2008+ models.

Actually, I kinda like it down there.

[ducking]

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Well... we'd expect that from a height challenged person as yourself. :lol:

futameca said:
Ajax said:
He's shorter than I thought he'd be....
I thought I've seen him somewhere before... I think JP is on the right!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I keep trying to delete that :censor: video, and it keeps showing up again.

:cuss: :rant:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts