Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just discovered this forum due the distinct lack of Maverick forums in the UK lol. As I guess most of you know the Maverick wasnt a huge seller in the UK and was only around in 'Escape form' from 01-04... Anyway, I've just bought myself a 02 3.0 XLT for a stunning price. I can't believe how underrated these are in the UK! not got it yet, just waiting for a registration plate change by the current owner and it will be here :)

looking forward to improving the car with some subtle tweaks (wishing the 05 lights came in RHD already!), and sure this forum will be a great asset!

Cheers, Rich

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
WOW, another fellow Brit :yahoo: :yahoo: :thumb: I think that we now outnumber those who live upside down :yahoo: :yahoo: ;)
Whereabouts are you, anywhere near Yorkshire, God's own county!!!
Anyhow, welcome to the site.
What colour did you choose, and do you have piccies.
As for mods, well we don't have a great deal to choose from, unlike those over the pond, and you will probably find that your local Ford dealer doesn't seem to know much about them, shame, as they are far better than a Freelander, and much rarer!

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
camusdarrach said:
WOW, another fellow Brit :yahoo: :yahoo: :thumb: I think that we now outnumber those who live upside down :yahoo: :yahoo: ;)
Whereabouts are you, anywhere near Yorkshire, God's own county!!!
Anyhow, welcome to the site.
What colour did you choose, and do you have piccies.
As for mods, well we don't have a great deal to choose from, unlike those over the pond, and you will probably find that your local Ford dealer doesn't seem to know much about them, shame, as they are far better than a Freelander, and much rarer!
Camus, sooo very happy to see you back !!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

You have just put a very big smile on my face !!! :yes:

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Welcome to the City Rich. We are glad you found the best Escape/Maverick forum there is.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers people :) Its in the same colour as yours Camus, was described to me as champagne but I see the proper title in your sig :) Also has the beige/cream leather which i like too. Didnt particularly choose one in this colour but it seemed like a good'un (touches wood) and the colour was kinda incidental lol. yours looks lovely all glossed up at the bridge :)

I'm in Essex (Ford's own country lol) so not too close but there do seem to be a few around this area on the roads :) No piccies yet other then those on the ad so will wait til its here the give it a good clean and stick some pics up :)

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
arbs said:
Cheers people :) Its in the same colour as yours Camus, was described to me as champagne but I see the proper title in your sig :)

Ahh, a person with style :)P :thumb:

I'm in Essex (Ford's own country lol)
Hmm, been to Dagenham, and Canvey Island, quite a nice area ;)
As for the colour, here goes...
Gold Ash is what it was called in the USA, in England it was Champagne silver for the Maverick, Champagne gold for the Focus, Mondeo, Fiesta, Fusion etc :shrug: :shrug:
For some strange reason, mine was assembled in America, hence the Gold Ash, but don't go to Ford for touch up paint, as they don't have any, suggested I go to a paint factors........ :shrug:
I have managed to obtain the Maverick accessories brochure from my local dealer, will copy and post on here at some point, might give you some ideas, and my local dealer assures me that they are still available, at a price :shock:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Colleen said:
Camus, sooo very happy to see you back !!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

You have just put a very big smile on my face !!! :yes:
god, I wish it was that easy to put a smile on my wifes face ;) :angel: ;)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Don't we all....;)

I too am glad you decided to post up again! :woohoo:

My paternal grandparents were from West Yorkshire. Does that count? :roll:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Don't we all....;)

I too am glad you decided to post up again! :woohoo:

My paternal grandparents were from West Yorkshire. Does that count? :roll:
Sure does, what part of West Yorkshire???
Thats where I live :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I guess I better find out where they grew up and what church they attended. I think it was Methodist, as that is what my father was till he went to seminary and became and Anglican...I will get back to you, say tomorrow?

Here's a hint: My last name is Midgley. You get two guesses as to where.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
arbs said:
Hey all, just discovered this forum due the distinct lack of Maverick forums in the UK lol. As I guess most of you know the Maverick wasnt a huge seller in the UK and was only around in 'Escape form' from 01-04... Anyway, I've just bought myself a 02 3.0 XLT for a stunning price. I can't believe how underrated these are in the UK! not got it yet, just waiting for a registration plate change by the current owner and it will be here :)

looking forward to improving the car with some subtle tweaks (wishing the 05 lights came in RHD already!), and sure this forum will be a great asset!

Cheers, Rich
Hi Rich.

I'm just across the Thames in Kent. Glad to see the British contingent is growing on here, but you're right, late shape Mavericks are few and far between.

What's the mileage on your car? I would recommend (if it hasn't been done already), that you change the tranny fluid. It's not hard to do and could save you a lot of money and bother in the long run.

Anyway. Welcome to E-C. :thumb: :rockon:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
arbs said:

Cheers, Rich
Welcome aboard, and I'm also glad to see our UK contingent growing!

PS... the '05 lights are available in RHD. I'll try to find part numbers (which won't be easy), but they were manufactured for the Japanese market just before all Asian Escape production was consolidated to Taiwan and replaced by the Aussie Escape.

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Another Brit!?...Where's Paul Revere when you need him? :shrug: :lol: Welcome arb.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome Rich -

camusdarrach said:
And I want a recount

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the warm welcome guys (and girls!)

Chris - mileage is 31k ish so not bad but its not been serviced for some time so will do the tranny fluid when i do the service. Interesting to hear the newer front lights are available via the Jap markets, never thought of that!

Looks like it will be this time next before I get it home :( so will give me plenty of time to do some reading!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts