Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I am a long-time lurker on this board and finally got around to registering. First, here's a little about me: I'm 23 years old and graduated this past May from college with a degree in mechanical engineering. I have always loved automotive stuff and would be tinkering with my Escape everyday and night if I had the funds to buy things for it. :thumb: My dream job is to work for an automobile company doing design or testing and believe it or not, I would rather be designing minivans than race cars. (If anybody here has a contact at an automobile company, I would greatly appreciate anything you could do to help me land my dream job. ;) ) I currently work for the government and am paying for my little trucklet all by myself; a fact I'm quite proud of. It really burns me up to see kids my age and younger driving around in new cars that mommy and daddy bought for them.

Now, a little about my Escape. I bought my Escape back in February of 2010 to replace my 2010 Mazda3 sedan that was absolutely horrendous in the rain and snow. Yes, I'm young and stupid and now realize that I could have likely solved the problem with a better set of tires, but I really wanted an SUV in the first place. And yes, I know I'm really stupid for trading in a car that wasn't even six months old as I got taken to the cleaners with the trade-in value. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about the thousands of dollars I lost... I suppose that's all in the past now and I must look at my mistakes as a very expensive learning experience.

Anyway, my Escape is a 2010 XLT V6 4WD with the 203A package (roof-rack cross-bars, cargo doo-hickey, moonroof, and SYNC). After 7 months and 16K miles, my MANTRUCK hasn't given me a lick of trouble. (Other than the tire I had plugged today as a result of picking up a nail.) I'm not exactly new to the Escape family as my parents have an '01 XLT V6 4WD with just about 100,000 miles. My dad really likes it and will likely drive it into the ground. I learned to drive in their Escape and put many miles on it during my high school years. I hope my Escape is as reliable to me as theirs was/ is to them.

I hope to learn a lot here and make some friends. Maybe I'll even be able to help some people out, too. I have some pictures of my Escape somewhere that I'll get around to posting sooner or later. Have a great work week everybody.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Glad you came out of Lurkerdome!!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Welcome to the City!!!

I am glad to see another youngin on here with me. I am only 20 and I am also proud to say I am paying off my truck all by myself. The only help I had was getting the loan out for Ean. Otherwise I made the down payment, paid registration, insurance, monthly payments, and any fixes Ean needs by myself.

Hope to see pics of your truck soon!!!

Have fun escaping around the City!!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Welcome to E-C! Congratulations on your purchase and I hope you get many happy miles out of it.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,593 Posts
Welcome to the City!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We would love to see pics of your Escape!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pics:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to the city!! :welcome:

So I see you aptly named your Escape MANTRUCK :thumb:

As many others have stated :pics:

Cant wait to see your Escape and hope to hear more from you! This is a great community and very informative!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Hi Mantruck101, welcome! Hope you keep on enjoying the ride!

Other than mentioning "snow" and "miles", I don't think you said what part of the world you are in; are you interested in MechEng work anywhere at all, or in your home region?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Tell me you didn't call it a :censor: "trucklet" :rant:

Ok, I'll let it slide (just messing with you) Welcome to the city! :welcome:

There are a couple youngsters on here, I'm 23 as well. :beer:

Looking forward to photos.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Airmapper said:
:lol:

But "trucklet" sounds soooo cuuuute!!! :heart:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Welcome, I am also 23! I was going to try and trade my Escape for a BMW, but I think I am going to hang onto it for a while!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ean-The-Escape said:
Welcome to the City!!!

I am glad to see another youngin on here with me. I am only 20 and I am also proud to say I am paying off my truck all by myself. The only help I had was getting the loan out for Ean. Otherwise I made the down payment, paid registration, insurance, monthly payments, and any fixes Ean needs by myself.

Hope to see pics of your truck soon!!!

Have fun escaping around the City!!! :thumb:
Down payment, insurance, and all that other nonsense was all me too. It's good to hear that there are others out there who understand the value of a dollar.
onthelam said:
Hi Mantruck101, welcome! Hope you keep on enjoying the ride!

Other than mentioning "snow" and "miles", I don't think you said what part of the world you are in; are you interested in MechEng work anywhere at all, or in your home region?
I am currently located in northeastern PA, only about 5 min from the New Jersey border. I am willing to relocate within the continental United States for my dream job. You have me all excited now; do you know of any opportunities that may lie out there for me?
Airmapper said:
Well, it isn't exactly an F-250 with a snow plow on the front.... Besides, I've nicknamed my ride the MANTRUCK.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. Oh, and you can call me Brian.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are a few pics from back in Feb when I picked my Escape up from the dealer. The sole modification I've made is the addition of my MANTRUCK vanity plate on the front bumper. Sadly, I don't have any pics of that right now.

Glad to be a part of the City.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts