Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
The modder that I am, when I first saw "shock" thread I was thinking more like...

:lol:
:topic:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
your evil :rockon:

Now can somebody tell me if the rear shock on the escape, and how do i find full droop?
this is from Doestsch Suspensions: "i need a little bit more information . what kind of ends do you have loop/loop or
stem /loop. I need full droop on the Ford. Assuming this is rear shock we have serviceble
and non serviceble shocks the price range $44.40ea up to $109.00 ea.
i just need to know which you would prefer"

·
Registered
122 Posts
megascape said:
your evil :rockon:

Now can somebody tell me if the rear shock on the escape, and how do i find full droop?
this is from Doestsch Suspensions: "i need a little bit more information . what kind of ends do you have loop/loop or
stem /loop. I need full droop on the Ford. Assuming this is rear shock we have serviceble
and non serviceble shocks the price range $44.40ea up to $109.00 ea.
i just need to know which you would prefer"
Interesting, what's your plans?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just to get a stiffer rear shock. the coils springs I installed made a big difference in the front end. now I need to get the rear end to feel more like a Bronco. I just need to figure out the proper measurements.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Would you go for full droop with or without the swaybar connected. I would think without swaybar is correct since you want to know where the mechanical portions of the rear suspension reach their limits. Then your shock bottoms out when your suspension is bottomed out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would go:

1) Swaybar disconnected
2) Rear Wheel off / Vehicle jacked up so the rear suspension bottoms out
3) string the measurement form shock top bolt centerline to bottom bolt centerline (pencil it down)

Get a good reading and then you'll have your rear shock droop measurement.

A question I just thought of though... if you unbolt the rear shock would the suspension droop even more? I don't think so but I haven't crawled around under the escape enough yet.

·
Registered
187 Posts
How was the trip?

It's been about 2 years since I was last in the Seattle area (family there.)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ended up doing a run in the Olympic 's buy Squim. It was great. Found an old plane crash , couple of mines. We are going out with my brother in a few weeks to look for more mines.. Today is the beginning of the rain so it should be a great ride in the weeks to come and a good test for the tires :lightning:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts