Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I find out from Virginia Tech whether or not I'm accepted for next fall (right now I'm a senior in high school)! It's my very first choice and my heart's set in Blacksburg already, so needless to say I will be very upset if I don't get in... anyway, wish me luck everyone!! I'm already getting nervous...

GO HOKIES! :heart:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Good luck!! Let us know as soon as you find out you're in!!!!
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Good luck!

Do you guys still get that fancy letter like on TV? I got my acceptance through e-mail; I also quit through e-mail. :D

·
Super Moderator
4,737 Posts
Good Luck! Everyone wishes you the best! :beer:

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Spark best of luck to you young man. Don't think it is the end of your world if something should happen that you don't get chosen. HAVE FAITH :thumb:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,599 Posts
Good luck on your acceptance to Virginia Tech. What are you thinking about majoring in if you don't mind me asking???

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hehe thanks for correcting JJ, Colleen :D

Thanks for all the good luck wishes everyone! Letters are being mailed out today and they post the application statuses online tonight and it should be up at 5pm EST, according to the admissions office.

I'm planning on majoring in Animal & Poultry Sciences for right now, with an emphasis in pre-veterinary studies to prepare me for veterinary school :D I may switch to Biological Sciences since I want to be a small-animal surgeon, and the A&PSc program is more geared towards equine, cattle, and poultry.
If I can, I'm going to try and double major in Sociology. If I can't handle that workload (I'm not trying to be a bookworm!!), I'll just do a minor in it.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,599 Posts
Spark757 said:

Thanks for all the good luck wishes everyone! Letters are being mailed out today and they post the application statuses online tonight and it should be up at 5pm EST, according to the admissions office.

I'm planning on majoring in Animal & Poultry Sciences for right now, with an emphasis in pre-veterinary studies to prepare me for veterinary school :D I may switch to Biological Sciences since I want to be a small-animal surgeon, and the A&PSc program is more geared towards equine, cattle, and poultry.
If I can, I'm going to try and double major in Sociology. If I can't handle that workload (I'm not trying to be a bookworm!!), I'll just do a minor in it.
My wife's oldest half-sister went to vet school at Univ. of Georgia. She is now working as a vet in Tallahassee, FL. Best of luck to you on your studies. Remember to have some fun while you are in school. :clap:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Spark757 said:
No problem ! ;)

Spark757 said:

That sounds awesome !! :thumb:

Please let us know the results as soon as you can. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you ! :D

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Good luck Sparky! I have a friend who is a vet and I believe she did graduate studies at VT (I'll have to check with her on that). I do know she had plenty of fun to go along with her studies. I'm sure you will too where ever you go. :yes:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,599 Posts
I am sorry you were wait listed. Those folks at Virginia Tech don't know the quality of the person they "placed on ignore".

I am sure you had a second or even third choice school. Hopefully, they will see the light.

Hang in there.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, I've gotten into three other schools, and waiting to hear from another. That doesn't mean I WANT to go there... lol

A lot of my friends and people at my school got wait-listed this year. I don't know many who got in. I hate that college admissions are getting so hard as the years go by. I feel bad for people below me. It's so hard to get into a even relatively good school these days... let alone a prestigious one. And it's not like I have bad grades or SAT scores either. I'm in the average for both GPA and SAT at VT, as well as being in National Honor Society, and a ton of extracurriculars with a steady part-time job and volunteer work. :confused: :shrug:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Spark757 said:
It's so hard to get into a even relatively good school these days... let alone a prestigious one. And it's not like I have bad grades or SAT scores either. I'm in the average for both GPA and SAT at VT, as well as being in National Honor Society, and a ton of extracurriculars with a steady part-time job and volunteer work. :confused: :shrug:
Sounds like you have all the right credentials. :yes:

keep the faith. If it is meant to be then it will happen ! :)

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
God does things in his way at his pace Sit Tight Have Faith as Colleen said. Keep your chin up.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts