Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Any impressions on the Ford Freestyle?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  stone 
#1 ·
I originally PM'd this question to JPark, and he agreed that we should open it up to the 'City. I'm looking for a vehicle for my wife, and since I already have an Escape we are looking for something different for her.

She has an Olds Intrigue, which is a pretty good car but its a little small now that we have a baby. We've started looking at the Ford Freestyle. It seems like a solid car with a LOT of space, and she liked it when we took one for a test drive. I'm a bit uncertain on whether we should get the AWD (we are in Rochester, NY, so it might be a good idea), and if its worth it to go for leather. We will probably have another kid during our time with this vehicle, so the easy-cleanup of the leather would be nice.

Do you have any impressions on this vehicle? Is the CVT something to be afraid of (repairs)? Some people have complained about it not being powerful enough on the highway.

Thanks! :thumb:

Discussion starter · #3 ·
We would love an Edge, but its out of our price range. We are looking at used Freestyles for around $13,000.

I don't think the Freestyle is too big at all. By the time you get the kids in there, two strollers, and all of the other crap it fills up pretty quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.