Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lost my patience with Stereo Integrity. Pre-orders were required to pay full price with no guarantee of delivery, and no refunds, so I did not want to do that. Now pre-orders are closed, and there will not be another chance to get one of these subs until late September, which in SI speak means December.

I have one of the custom enclosures made for these subs, which I have about $380 into. Is anybody interested in buying it? You still have to wait until the subs are available. If so make me an offer in PM..

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
09Ltd said:
I have lost my patience with Stereo Integrity. Pre-orders were required to pay full price with no guarantee of delivery, and no refunds, so I did not want to do that. Now pre-orders are closed, and there will not be another chance to get one of these subs until late September, which in SI speak means December.

I have one of the custom enclosures made for these subs, which I have about $380 into. Is anybody interested in buying it? You still have to wait until the subs are available. If so make me an offer in PM..
Hey bro!

Maybe another sub will fit it and you can press on.
Kenwood excelon or polk mm maybe?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will take a look at the measurements on the box. Both of those subs want 0.80+ cf, whereas the BM is 0.5. And the xmax is 8-9mm, which is the same as the JL 10w1 I have now in the stealthbox. The entire point was to get more low-end extension and oomph (for lack of a better term). Will a 12 with the same xmax do any better than the 10, especially in light of the fact that the box will be 30% smaller than recommended?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
09Ltd said:
I will take a look at the measurements on the box. Both of those subs want 0.80+ cf, whereas the BM is 0.5. And the xmax is 8-9mm, which is the same as the JL 10w1 I have now in the stealthbox. The entire point was to get more low-end extension and oomph (for lack of a better term). Will a 12 with the same xmax do any better than the 10, especially in light of the fact that the box will be 30% smaller than recommended?
I have made that box slightly bigger than .5 cubes, I'd estimate .6-.7 or so. The BM sub has better power handling in the smaller boxes, but better extension in the bigger ones. Trade off as usual.

http://meniscusaudio.com/sb-sw26dac764-p-1080.html
I did some measurements, it performs almost exactly like the SI except it is more efficient and runs into its xmax around 200W. You can go a little further (x-max isn't a mechanical limitation), so its probably pretty close. I think this is a 10, but I can't find any info. Hmmm...". 12mm xmax one-way.

Now, I got to thinking about it. Exile made a 12" shallow sub that has 24mm peak to peak xmax (12mm one way of course), this might be good. They only go through dealers so you might need to find a dealer. DIYMA guys might be one, like Bing of Simplicityinsound,..he uses them all the time. Specs wise, its a close call to the BM.

Another thought is the RE Audio SL12. This one is spec'd at 16mm xmax (yep, more than the BM), and charts out a little better than the BM in .7 cubes or so. Considering polyfil in the box, this sub might be the one to buy.
This is a "make an offer" bid on Ebay, reputable brand
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RE-AUDIO ... ioQ5fVideo

I may have to try some of these subs in other builds I have planned too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The RE looks promising, and since I have not had any offers on the box, I may go that route.

So.. who wants to buy my JL Audio Stealthbox? $500 retail, can be yours for $200!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
09Ltd said:
The RE looks promising, and since I have not had any offers on the box, I may go that route.

So.. who wants to buy my JL Audio Stealthbox? $500 retail, can be yours for $200!
if you try the Re, let me know how it works out. I think it will do damn fine by the specs but that's not the same as listening to it. It is priced right though, and probably returnable if you hate it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@09ltd..hmmm...i might be interested in your stealthbox! Do u have the amplifier already as well? or am I on my own to grab one of those? Which is recommended to sonically match that "beast"..haha. good stuff.. lemme know when you can. thanks in advance! :rockon:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am keeping my amp, so it would just be the box and sub. My amp puts out 400 watts to the sub, but I have the gain at a little less than half. I would say you want at least 200 up to 350 or so.

·
Registered
31 Posts
after some deliberation, it seems smarter to save up and do the false floor setup with a shallow 12" and a mono block. While Im in there I am also going to deaden and perhaps upgrade the coaxials in the front. Thank you for the option of the stealthbox and good luck in your new set up! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I do have my old double 12 box in storage, now that I moved. It isn't perfect (carpet needs redone), but man it is a well-built, very heavy-duty shallow 12 x 2 box I built. 09LTD's I built for him was specifically designed for a shorter deck height to better fit the factory floor height (with room for a top cover board still under the factory carpet), about .7 cubic feet + polyfil stuffing. If I do say so myself, its a damn good box. :)

BTW, the more research I do on the RE shallow sub, the better option it sounds like. I may end up picking up a few to do some other builds.

·
Registered
31 Posts
since you mentioned putting the carpet back "over" the subs...is that possible with the box you are mentioning? If you remember our previous conversations, I def want to take up ZERO space with the speakers. The amp I dont mind mounting on the side wall to keep it from overheating. The custom audio place by my house quotes around 1400 for custom box, 2 12's, mono block amp, 4awg wire kit, and deadening throughout the vehicle. I obviously havent done anything yet, just getting some ideas with numbers. this guy is obviously going to charge a little more because of labor. What are your thoughts? I dont know if im confident enough to rip apart the car and keep it in one piece and NOT blow anything up in the process! but if your old 212 box fits, that sounds and looks easy enough to at least Mount into the well. as for wiring...well..ill need some help. :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
zumbigod said:
since you mentioned putting the carpet back "over" the subs...is that possible with the box you are mentioning? If you remember our previous conversations, I def want to take up ZERO space with the speakers. The amp I dont mind mounting on the side wall to keep it from overheating. The custom audio place by my house quotes around 1400 for custom box, 2 12's, mono block amp, 4awg wire kit, and deadening throughout the vehicle. I obviously havent done anything yet, just getting some ideas with numbers. this guy is obviously going to charge a little more because of labor. What are your thoughts? I dont know if im confident enough to rip apart the car and keep it in one piece and NOT blow anything up in the process! but if your old 212 box fits, that sounds and looks easy enough to at least Mount into the well. as for wiring...well..ill need some help. :)
$1400 is pretty sweet, if they do work as good as this: http://www.simplicityinsound.com If not, well consider how good they are and consider how good you can make it (probably better than you think!), and consider how much nicer your equipment can be with that kind of money. LOL. I see an MS8 processor in your future with that budget.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The MS8 sounds nice.. Seems a little "bose-ish" with all of its fantastical claims to change your car audio experience forever. But perhaps the DSP is just that good! Either way, I think it boils down to the user experience for each person. But I definitely am interested in time alignment with tweeters and woofers once I upgrade those coaxials and add tweeters shortly thereafter. Thanks again for all your input and advice.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
zumbigod said:
The MS8 sounds nice.. Seems a little "bose-ish" with all of its fantastical claims to change your car audio experience forever. But perhaps the DSP is just that good! Either way, I think it boils down to the user experience for each person. But I definitely am interested in time alignment with tweeters and woofers once I upgrade those coaxials and add tweeters shortly thereafter. Thanks again for all your input and advice.
BOSE you can tune, and BOSE that went out on its first outing in the car audio competition world and WON. LOL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts