Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Driving fast and turning left is best to watch live if you can.
I have a great time at the local track in summer, Delaware Speedway only goes as far as Cascar series but still tons of fun.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Never could get into NASCAR, then I found Rally, which I don't really keep up with much either since for some reason the USA doesn't participate. (Guess too many unskilled drivers staying on round paved tracks.)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Been racing one thing or another most all my life so I'm into Nascar.

I can totally appreciate what it takes to win a championship of this stature so JJ gets my full respect. Same for Jeff Gordan.
Always been a Dale Jr. fan, but he just can't seem to pull it together.
Kasey Kahne is also a favourite b/c he is the local kid that made it big.
The wife likes Kyle Busch but I just think he's a snot nosed kid (he is evil fast though) that finds fault with everyone else. He has matured some now and he can drive, but I don't like him.
Tony Stewart is a true racers racer. Fast, passionate and not afraid to shake it up.
I also like Edwards, Biffle and Martin.

Let the flaming begin :lol:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I'm not a fan but if I were I'd be for DANICA PATRICK!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Oh, just a group of guys driving laps in cars really, really fast. :taz:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Daytona, Fla---Well, as you probably know, Dale Jr. wiped out and Danica Patrick was
forced into an accident and finished 39th today.
Green cars are supposed to be cursed, an very old belief going back to the 1920's and old racing cars.
It's only within the past 10-15 years, that green is making a comeback
I like to watch Nascar off and on, as the way they drive is really nuts and fascinating.
We use to cruise in the late 70's from Fla during race week, going down Via Amtrak from Philly, and met many interesting race fans on the train. Back then it was not so well known, but now---
it looks like tomorrow's race is sold out completely.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I'm not a NASCAR fan but I'll occasionally read news about it. I read an interesting interview with Danica Patrick yesterday and she was explaining how much different these cars were than IndyCar- how you have to draft in Nascar, different rules for pitting and caution flags (apparently she didn't know how many columns you drive in under caution, one or two). It also seems that she has a great mentor in her crew cheif, he was talking to her constantly, reminding her of rules and whatnot. I never understood how much different the rules and cars are, it's a testiment to how good of a driver she is that she came in 6th place in the previous weekend on her first try.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Estelle2 said:
--Yes, it's scary how close they draft in NASCAR. That's what makes it so exciting.
I can't believe Danica wasn't more prepared, though her accident was due to another driver.
+1 for the preparedness Estelle. For the money she makes, she should be all over the rules and have watched 40 kabillion hours of NASCAR footage before being allowed out on the track on Race Day! 6th place finish notwithstanding! Maybe a STUDENT DRIVER placard on the back of the car and a beacon light on the top?

·
Registered
124 Posts
i like nascar i goto michigan every aug. i have been going to that track since 1984. i have also been to indy for the 500 and i was at daytona when dale sr. passed away. my fav. is dale jr. and least fav. is kyle bush

1 - 17 of 17 Posts