Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious,

I looked at rear license plate light lense and there are no screws to access it, so does this lense have screws from inside tailgate panel? I don't want to take off back panel if this lense happens to pop out somehow and I don't want to break it. Thanks.

Success to all,

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Just grab the lens and shift it to the right. Then pull out. the light socket should twist free and you can change the bulb. Sometimes it can be a pain and even feel like your pushing too hard but it will come free.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am in NY most of the time, IA several months a year. Labor rates run $70. to $90 a hour, so I tend to do most work myself. Heck, I got hit for $35. for changing a tire. lol

Quick question, I see your Escape has front bumper protector, and as we require front license plate, do you know if this is possible with this installed?

Success to all,

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Ohh it's pretty easy to install. Its just drilling four 1/4 inch holes and some threaded rubber expansion plugs, then you screw it in place. It attaches on the bottom of the bumper with the existing bolts. Then you peel off the sticky side of the chrome pieces and stick them in place. For the license plate bracket I just dremeled the existing holder to the contours of the new grille guard and attached it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts