Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not me. Stuck at work. :wall:

Apparently, there's gonna be quite a fireworks display. I hate to miss it as I love fireworks....Hell, I love fire full stop....I think I'm a pyromaniac with good will power. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Are you going to use the Google?

:lol:

·
Registered
611 Posts
jpark said:

We were #9 on the google list yesterday......... :D :topic: I'll be watching the Canadian station for the Olymipics. Far better coverage than the U.S. stations!!!! As far as the fireworks go. According to the Detroit papers. They'll be bursting at like 50 meters. Due to the Smog. I just don't see China pulling this off. Except for the indoor events........... :shrug:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,594 Posts
PollKat said:
jpark said:

We were #9 on the google list yesterday......... :D :topic: I'll be watching the Canadian station for the Olymipics. Far better coverage than the U.S. stations!!!! As far as the fireworks go. According to the Detroit papers. They'll be bursting at like 50 meters. Due to the Smog. I just don't see China pulling this off. Except for the indoor events........... :shrug:
PK,

I agree with you completely that CBC's coverage of the Olympics puts NBC's coverage to shame. That (and Don Cherry) are the two things I will miss from living in Michigan. :cry:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Big Chris said:
Not me. Stuck at work. :wall:

Apparently, there's gonna be quite a fireworks display. I hate to miss it as I love fireworks....;)
That's me, too! :(

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,594 Posts
I know the opening ceremony was two days ago, but it was the most spectacular thing I have ever seen. To see the Chinese gymnast "running around" the top of the stadium was unbelievable!! :thumb: :clap:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Fireworks! Oh! yes please. :) Those were the good old days. Hello Chris !. :) Many years ago we used to have a " Guy Fawkes" night type event down under. :fire: Basically all us young bucks and lasses, would save up for most of the year and purchase a variety of fireworks. The girls on average were not keen on the dangerous aspect of it, and would experiment with the more pretty and decorative fireworks. But then we had the few tomboy sort of girls who enjoyed the more risky pyrotechnics.

We shared our potentially dangerous crackers, with the tomboy girls because they were regarded as one of the lads for being risk takers. Some thought of us as being horrible little boys, but it was only meant in a kind way. Truly amazing what fun can be had while out on foot patrol at night. SHHH! Who wants to be a lookout scout? Everyone signalled a certain stage, of their community project with different bird sounds. :angel: ;) Two gardens would be chosen because the occupants were not home. You need to hide in gardens at night when ambushing random cars with skyrockets.

:yahoo: :lol: The lookout scout would signal with a specific bird call that car is approaching, and will be driving up the hill along our side street. Our stealth practical jokes mission was in full motion. A lad would time it so that the skyrocket, would blast off about a car length in front of the driver. :thumb: Excellent! It was guaranteed that every adult driving could be seen to jump out of their wits. :hyst: Oh! we enjoyed being a bunch of charming little horrors. The novelty wore off, so we then began happily reshaping a few letterboxes with our firecrackers. :clap: :happy: :woohoo:

:shades: :D :) :popcorn: :whistle: It was mutually agreed upon with the guys and gals, that the hard earned pocket money and saving up for " Guy Fawkes Night" was spent on a worthy cause. The local neighbourhood did not suffer any inconvenience. :happy:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
No, missed the opening. Caught the Closing however. Dang that is allot of people! And they aren't CG either! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts