Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of the new escapes (the 08+)?

I despise mine. I've painted mine black but I really want to replace the while damn thing. Stupid criss cross ugly design. I'm not talking about those crappy 2 piece billet inserts as well.

We need a replacement that is land rover styled or similar. It would make the car look 10x better.

·
Registered
467 Posts
i think that if you didn't like the escape front end, you should have bought a range rover so you'd like it better...

i, on my side, bought that vehicle because i like that particular front end, so...

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
197 Posts
:fire: Easy now. You're welcome to your opinion, just don't be so harsh. I'm not a fan of the look of the '08+ Escapes, but I don't think there's anything ugly about them. I just prefer the first gen Escapes. You should approach things like this with a little more tact instead of just ripping on it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
megascape said:
I actually like the box look, grill and all. Reminds me of the older full size trucks. I think the E from the 1st gen to the current is just a good looking ride
Well said. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
LEO_Escape said:
:fire: Easy now. You're welcome to your opinion, just don't be so harsh. You should approach things like this with a little more tact instead of just ripping on it.
I totally agree. :)

We chose to put a billet grille on our Escape and we think it looks awesome. :yes:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I really like the way your Escape looks now Jeff. As a whole, it's got great balance. Those are some of the best looking wheels I've seen and the lowering kit works well. I personally don't think a Range Rover like grill would improve on the 08+ Escapes look. It's a little to much "Bling" for me. I like the black grills myself. But this is what makes a site like this great. People can share opinions and thoughts on what they like and what they don't :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
I like the grill. What I don't like is the wide open lower section that has the condenser behind it. That section should have better coverage. I am still contemplating which grill set to get. Mostly to cover the lower opening. But the top grill I do like..

·
Registered
679 Posts
always need bling!

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is still the simple answer of buying up front any of the 2 other brothers of arm... I choose the Mazda in part because of the front end... all tastes are good! If i was to classify both all 3 front ends i would go like this: E= tough M= classy and T= sporty otherwise mostly same thing... ;) rear taillights give a touch too!!! I wish i could mix them up! My answer then would still be Mazda front end but Mariner taillights...but of course, bumpers covers are different... :roll:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all opinions/comments.

Also as for not being too harsh etc. It's just a personal opinion - no need to be offended. I will always give my honest opinion about any car if I own it or not. There is always something to improve on every vehice and in my opinion the grille on these cars is it some may agree some may not, at the end of the day it's all an opinion and that's why we have some many different individuals that make up a forum like this ( and that's why it works)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RobtRoma said:
I really like the way your Escape looks now Jeff. As a whole, it's got great balance. Those are some of the best looking wheels I've seen and the lowering kit works well. I personally don't think a Range Rover like grill would improve on the 08+ Escapes look. It's a little to much "Bling" for me. I like the black grills myself. But this is what makes a site like this great. People can share opinions and thoughts on what they like and what they don't :)
Thanks. As for the Range Rover grille it's not so much the bling I like but more the design. A black one would look good too I agree.

I also agree that the opinions of many is what makes a good car forum. It would be boring if everything done and all opinions were the same.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
JEFFOS69 said:
Thanks for all opinions/comments.

Also as for not being too harsh etc. It's just a personal opinion - no need to be offended. I will always give my honest opinion about any car if I own it or not. There is always something to improve on every vehice and in my opinion the grille on these cars is it some may agree some may not, at the end of the day it's all an opinion and that's why we have some many different individuals that make up a forum like this ( and that's why it works)
:thumb: :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gbrown69 said:
i think that if you didn't like the escape front end, you should have bought a range rover so you'd like it better...

i, on my side, bought that vehicle because i like that particular front end, so...

just my 2 cents
Bit of a price difference and vehicle reliability difference there. I like the overall front end on the escape I think the grille needs improvement that's all. As for styling it's clear Ford borrowed many styling cues from the Land Rover for the 08+ Escapes. Park 2 beside each other. That's the industry though and nobody can argue that the Escape hasn't been very successful.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I agree Jeff. Not a fan of the criss-cross pattern. Less of a fan of the Mazda honeycomb grille, but whatever.

Try Street Scene, they have one of their Speed Grilles for the new Escapes, but no pictures of it. Keep in mind that this is an insert so I'm not sure how much will show through.

http://streetsceneeq.com/product_list.asp?mi=5

Here are some pictures of other models with the Street Scene Speed Grille:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.