Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have any luck with a aftermarket bumper? I need a new front bumper and I saw this one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-04-02 ... ccessories

It costs about 100+ less then what it would be from ford but I don't know how well it would fit and look compared to oem. Anyone have any experience with this?

I also need a hood but most aftermarket ones I found almost cost the same as oem so oem is the way to go I think.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Spend the money and do it right. Trying to save money has cost me more in the long run almost every time. It's worth the $100 to get it right! Just my opinion. :angel:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I went with an aftermarket bumper after a little highway incident. The alignment to the body panels is fine, but the bottom of the area for the grille insert is slightly too big. There is a gap there where the bottom clips of the insert couldn't grab onto the bumper skin, but it is hardly noticeable (maybe a 1/4" gap).

I have no idea who made the bumper though. I went through a junkyard who ordered it for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.