Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Just wondering, never seen an Escape with them. I'm thinking of a set for mine as I'm giving my '04 stock wheels and Firestone destinations to my wifes' '01 Escape soon. Although there's more road noise, the BFG Allterrain's suit me better :)

-They come in silver and black powder coat and also chrome plated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Squishy;
That was just a generic pic. I did however, forget to consider the offset to to the Escapes' fwd origin.
You can have them custom made to any offset by filling out a spec sheet.
I know I want 15" rims but how about width? (I'm assuming my '04 wheels are 6.5 wide)
Would I get away with an 8" width? I think I can go 7" also. But that would also change the offset.
Would love to get it so the tires just hang out a little bit, like maybe an inch. But I'm not all that familiar with what will work and what will not when it comes to increasing the width.
Any Ideas anyone?
-Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Yes, the Escape takes a +35 mm offset.

7" width will definitely work as that is the stock width for the 16" wheels, but I'm not sure about 8". The 8" rim itself will fit, but I don't know if the tires for that rim width will bulge out too much. Going up in width, you can either have the extra inch be entirely on the outside (~+22 mm offset), or keep the 35 mm offset and have roughly a half-inch extra width on either side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.