Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i hate my escape....lets start this topic like that.

anyways i did the timing belt on it and test ran it prior to putting everything back together....ran good, revved up smooth, idled smooth... put it all back together and now it runs like crap. on the back of the manifold by the throttle body is several vacuum ports, one to the egr, one to the brake booster, one to the fuel pressure regulator, one to a little solenoid on the firewall...and then one that was open and leaking....i looked everywhere and couldn't figure out where it went.

either this pile jumped timing...(and after it ran great with the test i tore it back down and checked all the timing marks and it was all on!)... or something simple happened like a vacuum line got pulled...i really hope thats the situation, otherwise i might have to run this thing into the scrapper.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Howdy. What year? What engine?

On my 2002 2.0L 4-cyl the crankcase breather tubing from the pcv valve is connected to a port there along w the other vacuum lines.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry, it's a 2001 2.0 fwd. heres a photo of what i'm talking about, the one with the clear tube on it (i added the clear tube), where does that go to on yours?

·
Registered
191 Posts
That one goes to the Evap canister purge valve device on the driver's side between the airbox & master cylinder.
There should be 2 lines going from the manifold to the device.
The larger black tubing next to the clear tubing in the photo may be the other line.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well crap, thats where i put it the clear line and it still has a miss...timing must have jumped or something. :fan:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Did you reconnect the crankcase breather pipe tubing? It has the foil insulation on it & connects to a port near the bottom of the manifold.

Can you describe the miss? Such as when it occurs? Maybe that'll help others to figure out what the problem might be. I have basically the same car as you, but I'm not a mechanic or anything. I do my own maintenance & have done a couple of repairs - easy stuff, nothing difficult.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the breather is hooked up.

it runs like crap at low rpm.... your typical miss, not sure how to describe it honestly.

i'm assuming the timing belt jumped.... which makes me want to park my duece and a half on it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Did you check your CPS and CKPS and their wiring harnesses. If they're not working properly, they'll cause misfires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry have been busy with work and then taken out for 3 days from stomach flu or food poisoning of some sort...horrible, just now being able to look at the computer screen and not get a migraine or puke...yay!

update on the escape, the miss was #1 plug wire not down all the way (one of the 'old mans' jobs...seems i have to go over everything he does and recheck it). now i'm looking for either somewhere to repair the hail damaged parts, or someone who's selling good white parts (both left doors, left fender, and hood). also looking for a front left window motor, front right window switch, climate control knobs, drivers seat in gray cloth like mine..only in better shape, and a stock stereo. also possibly a rear hatch as the paint on mine is chipping away somewhat.

heres mine as it sits right now. had a new windshield put in yesterday, took it through emissions the other day and plated it.

also the shifter feels sloppy...a lot of movement in my opinion. if this an escape thing or is something most likely loose/old on mine?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts