Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else is into this hobby. I have a 3.3 Traxxas T-max, Traxxas 2.5 Stadium max, and a Traxxas 2.5 Revo. Been into RC for about 20 years. Guess I'm a kid at heart.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i have a mad truck

·
Registered
280 Posts
My HPI Savage X SS. This is the kit version that you build yourself. It took me probably 10-12 hours to do it.

I have an HPI Nitro MT with some upgrades as well, but that needs some fixing up. I used to have an older Duratrax Maximum BX buggy that I turned into a street buggy (more like street skis with it speed and handling), but I nailed a curb with it and a lot of the plastic pieces exploded off it. Cool looking, though. :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a REVO 3.3 I bought it in February of this year. i had to sell my street bike due to back injury at work and took up rc. this revo is wicked fast and jumps great to.

·
Registered
679 Posts
mad truck

i'll post pictures later. Extremely fast for battery.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I was into them a few years back. Even built a custom Ford Escape using a Barbie Ford Escape. It's been christened the BarbFoot:

·
Super Moderator
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice rigs! I'll post pictures of mine soon. I thought a few times about buying the Savage kit. Maybe I will soon. It looks good! I never heard of the Mad truck before. Who makes them? Is it brushless?

I remember the Barbfoot. Is that on a E-max?

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
A few more pics. These are from a FunRun in Kentucky a few years back. There are 2 gas powered Barbfoot trucks and 2 electric:

·
Super Moderator
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I remember when you all did that. I wish I could have made it down there. From the pictures I saw, it sure looked like eveyone had a blast.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
.... and a few videos of the BarbFoot in action:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
weebee said:
I remember when you all did that. I wish I could have made it down there. From the pictures I saw, it sure looked like eveyone had a blast.
It was a great time. I wish we could do it again. It would be great to see some old E-C friends and meet some new ones :yes:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
thats cool.

i dont have any but sometimes my buddy lets me steal his kids traxxis, and him and i go play. he has the new Erevo. the thing is crazy fast. you can set it to literally do back flips and then hit the brakes and do front flips. he toned it down to a more reasonable level lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good videos! I'll have to make a couple of my T-max one of these days.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Nice video. I used to be involved with them. My son had a couple trucks (battery) and one car, a Porsche turbo. I had a couple Ferrarri's (one gas, one battery) and raced them on the parking lots of a nearby closed down shopping center. All of those cars and trucks wore out and we never replaced them.

Been there, done that syndrome I suppose.

·
Registered
280 Posts
RobtRoma said:
It was a great time. I wish we could do it again. It would be great to see some old E-C friends and meet some new ones :yes:
I could never drive mine with the body on. With the way I drive, it's be destroyed in a week! :play:

·
Super Moderator
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My son has a 2.5 Rustler. Pretty darn fast car.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
The J said:
I could never drive mine with the body on. With the way I drive, it's be destroyed in a week! :play:
I know what you mean but I think they look funny without a body. I spent weeks making the Escape body (cutting, painting, making stand-offs, windows, decals. etc.) I think I used it 5 times before it was practically destroyed. I purchased another 4 Barbie Escapes to make 2 more running bodies and 2 display bodies. I never got around to it though. I still have the Barbie Escapes and the paint. One of these days I might get to it. Or I might just keep one and sell the other 3... I don't know yet...

·
Super Moderator
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats why I usually have two bodies. One for display and one for bashing. I don't like to run without a body, they're cheaper to replace then radio gear or servos! But I agree, I go through bodies alot as well. Ever buy one of those roll cages?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts