Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

anyone suffering with cronic pain as well?

358 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  CrashNburn 
#1 ·
Iam just wondering if anyone else here is suffering with cronic pain at all, just to give abit of background I was diagnosed with fibromialgia about 10 years ago or so, this leaves me in severe total body pain everyday of my life, some days to the point were i cannot get out of bed, as well Ive tried all the different meds that sometimes help fm suffers but they had none or little helpon me, so for past 4-5 years my doctor has had me on heavy pain meds (oxy) this gives me a small quality of life because without them i would not be able to function ,or look after our daughters etc. Ive been for tests about 1 year ago for MS as i have afew of those symptoms as well but the MRI did not show anything that was definite, but the ms doctor said that sometimes it takes years for it to show up on the mri Iam 41 years old but my body feels like Iam 80! at most i get about 3-4 hours of sleep per night and if i get less sleep the pain is even worse in the morning, stress, sleep, a little to much work will put my pain levels over the edge, I dont know if ive posted about this here before but Iam asking to see if anyone has any other suggestions for me to try as it is tuff on my kids and wife as well,because there is lots of stuff i would love to do but cant , or have to pace myself whenm i do it, i love working on the escape but everything has to be done in moderation, anyways please let me know if you have some comments or suggestions for us to try thanx for listning Dino
oh ya Ive also had a total knee replacement done about 8 years ago or so when i was about 33 , the doctor said i was the youngest person he has ever done a TKR on and already it is worn out and causeing even more pain

See less See more
#2 ·
My mother had a vicious form of MS (still alive though), and as it turns out I studied at the Back School of Atlanta and am certified in basic spinal health. A lot of the customers I dealt with in the back care boutique I worked at had FM. One of the best solutions for the pain for us was a Tempur-Pedic bed (often paid for by insurance at least in part), and anything with a Zero-gravity position. Chairs, beds, etc.

The ZG position which resembles the fetal position but a bit more refined and not on the side seems to lessen the effects of FM, MS, and many back pain conditions including the nasty Sciatica nerve damage situations that plague a lot of people (including my grandmom.)

Are you female? I've never seen a male diagnosed with FM.

#3 ·
Here is an alternative explanation from a Reader regarding fibromyalgia. Believe what you will, but we can both agree that doctors have no freaking clue as to why it happens and how to cure it.

Readings tend to be somewhat cryptic and flurried with emotion and somewhat sporadic thoughts, so try to read the meaning behind the reading, and read between the lines as well.

http://www.divinecosmos.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=30

The condition known as fibromyalgia is a label that is applied to a neuro-physical condition which relates to the blockage of energetic instreamings of higher consciousness, often through the heart and throat chakras, thus frequently leading to complications in the body complex, leading to numbing and coldness of extremities and the difficulty in maintaining one's normal weight.

The thyroid gland is challenged in maintaining its balance of the enzyme hormones known as T-1 through T-4, specifically T-3 and T-4. These imbalances perpetuate into the biochemical condition of the gradual degradation of the nervous fibers, which comes about through the disruption of the natural potassium / sodium balances which are required for proper transmissions of (electrical impulses through the) nerve systems.

(edited but available if you really want to understand how to fix it.)

#6 ·
chronic pain for 16 months, pick a drug and ive pretty much had it, best combo ive had so far, was lyrica celebrex and tylenol arthritis.

#7 ·
Good to know everyone turns to meds to solve their problems :confused:

Don't let those side-effects take you out first.

Most problems are due to something else entirely, but our med companies and gov't has decided to make a pill for everything. Sad.

#8 ·
meds are required for certain things. for example when i first injured my back, my wife used to have to help me tie my boots so i could go to work. 5 cortisone shots and tonnes of different combination of meds (they all work differently on different people so they had to try to see what worked best for my body). i was able to function with a limp, some limited mobility in my left leg, and of course i looked like an idiot picking something off the floor cause i couldnt bend down without sticking out my left leg. this pain as been life altering. i was on exercise, and tore my ACL, my meniscus in my left knee and dislocated and broke the labia in my left shoulder. 4 days later i was forced to go into an ambulance to the hospital. with my back my body couldnt take the pain as well as it did with the knee and shoulder. in the field i just popped some ibuprofen to help keep the swelling down, and my section commander didn't force me to run around too much. every dr ive met has made a comment on the amount of pain i can take, and i simply tell them that i didn't take meds at all, nothing for headaches stomach aches. nothing. until i hurt myself seriously. too bad i could post up the MRI of the spine so you guys could see the bulge, its kinda neat how science has taken a liking to helping medicine. whoever the inventor of the MRI is, is a genius!!! and im currently on Oxycontin so this might have rambled a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.