Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple isn't standing behind their phone. They have put three years into the Iphone 4 apparently but doesn't seem to have done anything as the "super man" screen that they claim

( Quote From http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/ )
"Engineered Glass

All the breakthrough technology in iPhone 4 is situated between two glossy panels of aluminosilicate glass - the same type of glass used in the windshields of helicopters and high-speed trains. Chemically strengthened to be 20 times stiffer and 30 times harder than plastic, the glass is ultradurable and more scratch resistant than ever. It's also recyclable."

I have just dropped mine from about 2 inches with a griffin case on it. The glass screen is stupid, glass breaks why would such a smart engineering team use a breakable material. Having such a hard screen isn't always the best as i and many people have found out, using a plastic might have been much better. I'm not an Engineer and I know this. Apple's engineers are smarter than me though right ?

As for apple having the best customer service I've been told by about 6 Apple reps, 3 SUPERVISORS and one customer relation manager that I now need to spend another 200 something to get another Iphone 4 that still has the same super glass. The only thing I could think that could prevent this common accident is wrapping the phone in bubble wrapping.

I think Apple shouldn't have thought about fashion over function in real world situations and usage.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Sorry to hear , you had a dilemma with the Apple Iphone.
I do not have a mobile phone.

But can sympathise with your situation.
Makes me wonder how much effort, firms put into research and development. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hate to hear your having issues, that sucks. :(

That is one of the many reasons I won't buy anything made by Apple. They quite literally could care less that your having an issue, you bought it and if you want another one you'll buy it again. They got so many people jumping on the i-Phone you will be quickly replaced by some other unsuspecting person.

I won't pay what it costs to own a phone like that, but if I ever do get one it will be something that runs Android.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep I'm thinking of android :( . I love apple I have Two Apple computers Imac and Macbook pro also iphone 3g and Iphone 4. when i called they didn't really care, It was pay $230.00 CAN or to bad for me :shock: . Last thing i told them was "I'm on about 7 forum's and I'd gladly spread the word"

·
Registered
700 Posts
It's a shame they won't stand behind a good customer. When you have about $7K in their products, you think they'd make an exception.

I'm sticking with Blackberry and my PC.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Sorry to hear about your phone cracking, and your customer service cracking as well.....

I read an article about a super tough glass called Gorilla Glass, that Corning discovered years ago but is just now being used commercially. I think some of the newer Android phones have it, like my Droid X and the HTC Evo, and the writer of the article assumed iPhone 4 had it as well but Apple will not divulge that info. I dropped my Droid X and it nicked the metal case, not the glass :shock: I'm guessing maybe you don't have Gorilla Glass.

And yes, I am with ISU01XCapeXLT, I don't have any Apple products due partly to their attitude.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ajax said:
And yes, I am with ISU01XCapeXLT, I don't have any Apple products due partly to their attitude.
And their price. I have a hard time shelling out $1300 for a laptop. My $700 HP does me just fine.

Again, good luck.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Glad you got some satisfaction! :thumb:

My boss's iPhone just stopped working over the weekend. She went to the Apple store and they gave her a new one. No fuss, no muss...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts