Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an Apple iPhone and love it!!! In fact, this post was generated on my phone. It is costly but I think it's worth it.

[mod]Moved to Anything Goes.[/mod]

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I moved this over to Anything Goes as we decided to keep Product Reviews limited to Escape-related posts.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a problem Squishy. One of the down sides of using the iPhone is you have to zoom in quite a bit in order to read the contents of a web site clearly. However, to zoom in is very easy. :rockon:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I like the iPhone too. Might get one but I would wait until Apple releases their new one this summer...

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Congrats on your new phone! Have fun playing with it!

·
Registered
277 Posts
As a long-time Apple fan-boy (bought my first Macintosh in the summer of 1984... when my engineering consultants were still declaring any computer with a mouse was "a toy") I'm still not an iPhone owner :cry:

BUT... when (if) I eventually break down and decide to purchase my first-ever cell phone, you can bet it will be Apple's glorious smart-phone. :yes:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
HybridArchitect said:
BUT... when (if) I eventually break down and decide to purchase my first-ever cell phone,
:shock:

Wowee!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i like my blackberry, and done ever see myself owning an i phone.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I wanted an iPhone so bad but wasn't willing to switch from Sprint since we have so many family members w/Sprint too. I got the Instinct and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got it in PINK too!!!!!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
HybridArchitect said:
As a long-time Apple fan-boy (bought my first Macintosh in the summer of 1984... when my engineering consultants were still declaring any computer with a mouse was "a toy") I'm still not an iPhone owner :cry:

BUT... when (if) I eventually break down and decide to purchase my first-ever cell phone, you can bet it will be Apple's glorious smart-phone. :yes:
Hmmm... guess I should update this post since earlier this year (2010), the partners at the larger firm we merged into decided since I was out of the office at sites in more remote parts of the Province so often I should probably give up my resistance to a cell phone.

Of course, they are all on Blackberrys (and the firm was all-Windows operation until we arrived with our shiny silver Mac Pro towers), and I decided to continue my non-conformance and promptly used the monthly cell phone allowance to sign up for an iPhone 3GS plan with Telus (better coverage in the far north than Rogers or Bell).

So now I've been using an iPhone for about 7 months and it has been great (though I have no experience with any other manufacturer/model). My iPhone syncs without any muss/fuss with my work computer, and logging in to the office server from the road to receive/send e-mails is easy. The 32GB memory also provides plenty of storage space for all my work (project) photos copied from my iPhoto database, and the recently released free AutoCAD WS software now lets me access DWG drawing files and actually take dimensions, check properties, etc. (Now if Autodesk would do the same for Revit and Graphisoft for ArchiCAD).

Of course the iPhone 4 came out about 3 months after I got mine, and so I'm now considering passing the 3GS on to my wife and upgrading (though I will likely wait for the next generation of the 4 or the already rumoured iPhone 5).

Of course, there is the iPad to also tempt me…

:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts