Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been snowing here since before Christmas, so far we have had one visit from a Snowplough / Gritter lorry late on Xmas day ( :cuss: 9:40 PM!! :rant: ), and finally anotherone came this morning, even though salting and clearing roads has had to be cut back...

Looks like he might have his work cut out!!! :D :D ,

(BTW, guess who doesn't let the snow prevent him from washing his Maverick ;) )

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Some how, I already had faith in that you of all owners here would have a clean Maverick/Escape! :thumb:

Good call on the snow plow truck, arriving just in the "Nick of Time". :D

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
our plows really have their work cut out for them. The side streets don't get plowed however We see State, County, and city plows running around town on main streets and highways

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
:lol: I wonder if it's a salt spreader too... :thumb:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Actually it's a brine spreader... salt bin in the middle and water tanks on the sides... :)

(Before being a firefighter, I was a fleet manager for the public works dept of one of Montreals boroughs. I played with trucks all day :play: )

Pat

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
--We've lucked out a lot. The head of the Township roads dept. use to live down the street, sadly he passed on, but now a guy with a plow lives three house down, so we always have our road cleared as soon as the snow started accumulating.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lord Velveeta said:
Actually it's a brine spreader... salt bin in the middle and water tanks on the sides... :)

(Before being a firefighter, I was a fleet manager for the public works dept of one of Montreals boroughs. I played with trucks all day :play: )

Pat
The model gritter is based on the new "Government standard" gritting lorry. viz.........

http://www.emergencymanagement.org.uk/n ... fault.aspx

Interestingly, they are based on German made MAN trucks, and follow on from the Governments "emergency response USAR" lorries...

http://www.firewestyorkshire.com/usarne ... onwyfr.htm

Nice to see the British Taxpayer supporting German industry................... :rant:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.