Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting an ATV for the kids in the summer and me for the winter.
I am new to ATV's so dont know brands and models. My Dad has a 90's Honda Four Trax and it runs awesome. It stands up to my son driving it full blast for hours and countless doughnuts on the gravel road.
There seems to be alot of newer (2005 to 2007) used Polaris units for sale at a very good price. Is there something I should be watching out for? Do these units fall apart after 5 years?
Any info or advise will help!

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Your in Canada and your Not talking a CANAM what's wrong with you! Canada's #1 selling ATV and soon to be #1 in the states. No matter if it's a one or a two up they will run circles around the others in their cc range. :shades: :rant:

·
Registered
700 Posts
I've ridden four wheelers ever since I was tall enough to reach the footpegs. I've ridden Honda, Yamaha, Polaris, CanAm, and Kawasaki.

In my opinion Honda is the best bang for your buck. The CanAms are absolutely great bikes, but they're usually more expensive. I've heard of too many Polaris's taking a dump after 4-6 years to trust buying one myself. Yamaha is ok, but I'd prefer a Honda. I had my Kawasaki for 10 years or so and it was a great bike.

Depending on the age of your children, I'd recommend a couple options... I'm assuming your kids are 10-15 years old.

Honda TRX250 or TRX300 - Sporty
Honda Fourtrax 300 - Utility
Kawasaki Bayou 250 - Utility

You can find these four wheelers a couple years old for very reasonable prices due to their popularity and mass amounts made.

Feel free to ask any specific questions. I love riding!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts