Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JP I remember you used to have a writeup on how to get the Escapes to do an auto lock/unlock when shifting in and out of park. Do you still have that available? This is something I would LOVE to have on my ride.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yeah. Bump for coolness :play:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Lemme dig up the diagrams. I'll repost all of them here.

At some point, I'd like to be able to find some free time so I can sell the modules already assembled and ready to install.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jpark said:
Lemme dig up the diagrams. I'll repost all of them here.

At some point, I'd like to be able to find some free time so I can sell the modules already assembled and ready to install.
That would be super!! I'd buy it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Me too! As long as it worked on an '02!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I have circuits that work on 2001-2004 models (lock/relock only, or lock/relock/unlock), and for 2005-2007 models with or without factory autolocking (lock/relock only, unlock only, and lock/relock/unlock).

I'll post 'em back up here tomorrow.

·
Registered
446 Posts
What exactly do I have to do to make it work? Does it involve rewiring? If so, could you make something up for me. I'll pay you for your time, JP!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You rock JP! :yahoo:

I second what jhande wrote :)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
The 2005-2007 models are easier to wire, especially the lock/relock-only circuit, since everything is in one harness under the kick panel. The unlock part of the circuit needs a tap into the park position circuit that goes to the instrument cluster, but that's also easy to get to.

The 2001-2004 models are fairly easy to wire, but the kick panel is pretty crowded (the GEM module and fuse panel are there), and there are several harnesses that need to be uncovered and tapped into. It's not that tough, though.

·
Registered
446 Posts
So what you're telling Scott and me is that you can just mail us something thats a plug and play? C'Mon JP, don't disappoint...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Lemme see what I can do. I sorta have my hands full at the moment!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ok ok. No rush.

No mush! Mush JP :rant:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:D

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MUSH!

Sorry had to...lol

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Updates?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So um.....anything? JP? Anyone?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I'll try to post diagrams here this week.

So far, this week is really busy.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No problem buddy just giving you a little nudge :)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I hear ya.

:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
i'd be interested in this as well as i was shocked when I couldn't find a setting in the manual to make it unlock in Park. We have two kids in the back and I always forget to unlock all the doors when I get out and then have to fumble for the fob to let the kids out of their car seats.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts