Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for quite a while to get the AVH-P4200DVD and just saw that amazon has a code to get 25% off select pioneer products. Now my build is officially off I need to figure out what I am going to do for the rest.

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As someone who has shopped for Pioneer car audio and video at Amazon.com, you might be interested in saving 25% on select products. Simply choose at least one product from more than 80 qualifying Pioneer items, enter code LVDPFTMT at checkout, and your order will automatically be discounted an additional 25%.

·
Registered
836 Posts
That is a decent price on an awesome HU. Keep in mind that if you want Sirius and/or Blue Tooth, you have to purchase the receiver and BT unit seperately to plug into the HU. They are not cheap. That is why I went with the P3200BT so that the BT is built in. Then just needed the Sirius receiver...

But a good price definately.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
The GPS module is part of sale too. I put the HU & GPS in the cart & applied the coupon code. $660 ($220 off) with the free shipping. :thumb: That's a great price for a GPS HU. I just wish it fit an '02 without the need to trim the dash... :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was really torn between the 4200 and the 3200BT and the deciding factor for me was the Front vs Rear USB. Since I have a Zune and cant use it on the receiver I am using the rear USB and installing a hard drive. I did want BT but I will just have to use the ear piece untill I can justify the cost for that BT add on; Also I have heard people having issues with the 4200 and the BT add on. As for GPS I just rely on the stand alone units, the factory NAV has just left a bad taste in my mouth. Also Google Maps on my phone has been outstanding.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I chose the 3200BT just for the left handed controls vs them on the bottom. Plus I like the quick USB plug in right at the face. I got an 8 gig thumb drive for like $20 and it fits all of my music (currently). My next one will be larger capacity. Plus I usuallyy leave the thumb drive in the USB plug at the bottom of the stock console. That way I don't accidently hit it when loading CD/adjusting settings etc.

I do like the idea of the 4200 and running a cable and hiding a thumb drive/ipod in an area like in the glove box. Plus you can add a cable to the 2nd USB plug in under the center stack and hide a larger hard drive if needed. But then you have to operate it through Sync. I honestly didn't like the Sync navigation of the USB in my thumb drive or my ipod. Now I can use wither with the better user interface of the HU. Either way I think the Pioneers are an amazing receiver/DVD player.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was concerned about the button placement, so hopefully it will not be an issue. I wish they had the same layout as the AVIC 910BT as I like the larger screen and the rotary volume knob. I have an 07 so no option for Sync, my wife has it in her Fusion and loves it.

I never would have made the jump if I never found this forum to guide me, I will be using many of the build ups for tips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts