Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are some certain times i dont need AWD but i also dont want to keep pulling/pushing the fuse either. I know the 04's under had a switch...could it work in an 07?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
there was a thread on the FORD Forms and one of the techs said it can be done but several mods would have to made as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any possibility you could provide a link? Doubt it's possible, but I'm interested in being able to turn off, use the 4WD, and then locking the center diff.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The 2005 Escape model introduced a new 4WD system called the "Intelligent"-but some users refer to it as different name- which is made by JTEK corporation. The 2004 Escape vehicles and older utilized a 4WD system made by Dana Corporation. The newest system is "computer" controlled and completely different software and hardware than the 2004 and older vehicles. Pulling the fuse is the easiest and cheapist method of doing what you desire. That said, do not expect much in improvement with MPG with this modification.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
JTEK seems to have got the pavement part down to a science, and not too bad in the dirt. a little slippage here and there or hesitation at times. Over all in my opinion it's a great SUV set, up. On the other hand if I had the $$ I'd do a little mod the the Great Greek shared with us in an earlier thread. but too spendy for what I use my rig for..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts