Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I own a 2008 Escape XLT. Just wondering what someone would reccommend to cover the carpet in the rear cargo area? The factory mat costs 190 bucks; I was hoping for a cheaper solution.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I have the Husky cargo liner in mine......I don't even remember what the price was but I love it!

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I used rubber carpet from Home Depot. $30 and I used the old carpet to cut a template. The old carpet is still underneath to provide some softness.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Squishy said:
I used rubber carpet from Home Depot. $30 and I used the old carpet to cut a template. The old carpet is still underneath to provide some softness.
That's more along the lines of what I was thinking...;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys; I am not most the skilled and tracing and cutting to exact and at the same time I am very wierd over things being perfect and neat so I think I will check out the husky liner price.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
The Husky Liner model # you will want is 2316.

Just a quick search and I found this site...don't know if it is the better deal but its what I found

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Walmart has a mat that I used for about $35. It is almost a perfect fit and hace line traced through the pattern that can be cut to size with a utility knife. Real easy to get right. Looks like this only cleaner :blush:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to wallyworld today and purchased a roll of cargo matt rubber; came home took the carpet out and used it as a stencil and proceeded to cut the rubber to match the carpet; then put both the carpet and the new rubber matt back in and I must say i was impressed. All for the measly cost of 15 bucks (canadian).

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Where are the pics??? You can't post a mod and not put up the pics of how ya got to that mod!!! :spank:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are the pics that I took while doing the "mod". Note the clarity is not the best due to taking pictures on a foggy/misty evening.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
:thumb: :thumb:

Good stuff! Looks Great!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
For those of you that live in the states, you may also want to check Big Lots (or Odd Lots). A kind of discount department store. I got a carpet and rubber mat from there. $10 bucks each. They only had dark colors (gray and black), but I only use mine when I am taking the dog somewhere.

Just removed the factory carpet, outlined it, and cut the new carpet and rubber mat around it. Voila, perfect fit! :yahoo:

I use the carpet when its dry and the mat for when it's ugly out. It was a nice, cheap alternative. Now I just need something for the back of the seats. My dog likes to poke her head over the seats and she's got fine, coarse hair.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Hubby did the same thing as Paul did in mine. We just used indoor/outdoor carpet. Worked great, and I am happy. :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
i did the same but got the anti-fatigue mat from lowes...comes in 3 ft wide and was only like 16 bucks for 4 feet of it. plus its a grey tan color that looks great. and the guy when opening the roll sliced into the matt but not through. so instead of having to cut it again he gave it to me at 50% off. so new mat was 8 bucks and took 5 mins to cut it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts