Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive had this problem since ive owned the escape. when i drive it, of course i lock my doors. when i get to where im going. i turn it off. get out and unlock the doors (doesnt matter if its via remote or off the door) i walk around to the back and my hatch wont open. no matter how many times i lock/unlock the car, it will not unlock the hatch. i put the key in the ignition turn to run and then i hear the rear actuator release, turn it off and now i can open close it all i want. i also noticed that if it wont open and i wait a few minutes then it will allow me to hit unlock and open it. ive taken it in to two dealers. one said that they couldnt do anything unless they saw it do it. next place reprogrammed the smart junction box...didnt work. so i took it back and they replaced the smart junction box...still does it. this only happens after it has been driven and w/ the doors locked. but the only way to get it to release the actuator is to either go have a beer or turn the key back on and off. any ideas on this?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
havent tried that...but im just tired of taking it in and having to jump through some hoop everytime i want in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts