Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings City Folk -

Has anyone discovered a relationship between the Heavy-Banded-TPMS systems and wheel balance issues. I'm about to mount a new set of tires and have been reading about the TPMS system. Could my problems with the Continentals sold to me on the car have anything to do with the components located in the tire. I'm considering Dyna-Beads in addition to the weights, perhaps to get a superior balance overall. Any thoughts on this subject?

Thanks all,
mj

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
What problems have you been having?

If you decide to use balancing beads, make sure the mounter uses no lubrication. Fill your tires using a compressor fitted with an air dryer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tires sound like a wash machine in the spin cycle. A friend recently followed me from behind and he said the tires looked funny. In any case, I'm gonna replace them and was looking for some ammunition for the dealership I purchased from. They seem to forget all the promises they make during the sale process, like "we want to help you - not hurt you" bla, bla. From what I've read about the TPMS banding system, these can have an effect on wheel balance, but I'm sure the dealer would not admit to anything that would cause them to do unpaid work on the vehicle. Such is life in the Ford lane. Thanks for the tip on compressor H2O issue. :beer:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
You don't have any vibration, just noise? In that case it sounds more like an alignment issue that caused uneven wear on the tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts