Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, i know that football and baseball probably dominate your sporting interests, but You Americans gave us one of the most exciting sports ever, according to me of course :lol: :lol:

Here in the Philippines you can see basketball courts in every corner, politicians make sure that they have this in their list promises to build every elections. Lately, its been slowly overtaken by growing fame of Boxing with the success of our champion Manny Paquiao, but still basketball never lost glitter in the Filipino people's hearts. Our largest auditorium still ain't enough to cover our Basketball finals, Time seemed to stop in a lot of homes each time.

We have our own Pro Basketball League (Philippine Basketball Association) Modeled to your NBA in terms of rules and character, but not in greatness.

I played basketball during my early college days but have to give it up for academic demands.

Michael Jordan will always remain my only non-fiction childhood hero, and I would love to see another rugs to riches team like chicago bulls used to be, in the NBA finals soon.

I was hoping the Cleveland Cavaliers would take that challenge.

Any thoughts EC?????

·
Registered
781 Posts
Basketball has been an on-and-off venture for me. I usually stick to watching college basketball, I feel the referees are less picky and more fair. Within the last decade the NBA has gotten this "protect the stars" mentality that I just don't like. Honestly, it is starting to have the feel of Netball(for all those Aussies).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6foot9inchmonster said:
Basketball has been an on-and-off venture for me. I usually stick to watching college basketball, I feel the referees are less picky and more fair. Within the last decade the NBA has gotten this "protect the stars" mentality that I just don't like. Honestly, it is starting to have the feel of Netball(for all those Aussies).
Yeah I agree, sadly the games today are not as unpredictable as the games before, when they really let the players play and not just to be the star.

And the teams today are so predictable specially with this trend of various superstars in one team, it seems that the games today are won in the transactions not in the court.

If you were to choose who would you like to have a crack at the NBA championship this season?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I haven't gotten pulled into the NBA yet (although its a possibility since I fell into the NFL so easily), but I do watch the NCAA for college basketball :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts