Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know any good bass songs? and by good, i mean good rhythem as well as hard bass, no techno bs...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
AudioEscape03 said:
Anyone know any good bass songs? and by good, i mean good rhythem as well as hard bass, no techno bs...
No techno B.S.? Does this include no Dubstep, Glitch, or Drum n' Bass?

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
How 'bout 'Clint Eastwood' by Gorillaz. It's one of the few rap songs I really like and it's got the deepest bass of any song I own...

I don't hear it on my laptop but I do in my Escape...

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you're looking for something in the Rock genre, "come together" comes to mind. Both the Beatles and Aerosmith remake are good. It's not super heavy but the bass guitar is plenty deep. What style you are looking for would help a lot. Also, there is always Techmaster P.E.B. It's not Techno but...well, it's got LOADS of Bass and is also very liberal with the other sound ranges as well.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just torrent most of the cd's on the reference disc list.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fourthmeal said:
AudioEscape03 said:
No techno B.S.? Does this include no Dubstep, Glitch, or Drum n' Bass?
sorry, those would fall under that category. i do like those groups though.... hm, more specifically im looking for rap or hip hop songs with alot of bass. anything with a clean bass that is loud and has a great beat really. alot of techno and rock have some awkward bass in the songs

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RobtRoma said:
How 'bout 'Clint Eastwood' by Gorillaz. It's one of the few rap songs I really like and it's got the deepest bass of any song I own...

I don't hear it on my laptop but I do in my Escape...
thanks, il try it out and let ya know how it sounds.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
iggie2299 said:
If you're looking for something in the Rock genre, "come together" comes to mind. Both the Beatles and Aerosmith remake are good. It's not super heavy but the bass guitar is plenty deep. What style you are looking for would help a lot. Also, there is always Techmaster P.E.B. It's not Techno but...well, it's got LOADS of Bass and is also very liberal with the other sound ranges as well.
i have plenty of rock songs, im looking for rap or hip hop songs with a good beat and cool or intiresting bass rhythem and pretty cool sounding

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
try to download anything from BASS MEKANIKS or type BASS TESTERS they are used to test systems, so you get from deep deep lows all the way to the high sounds for the tweets

·
Registered
64 Posts
AudioEscape03 said:
iggie2299 said:
i have plenty of rock songs, im looking for rap or hip hop songs with a good beat and cool or intiresting bass rhythem and pretty cool sounding
ROFL...check iTunes for Techmaster P.E.B Bass Computer. That album has some VERY interesting things going on in the tracks. It's a Bass test setup. But, should you go that route, be very careful with the volume and gain. There is a lot of ultra low (inaudible by the human ear) notes in it. There's a warning on the cover of the album regarding this fact.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Considering the content request (Rap), the ideal thing to do is look up the reference discs for that category and DL or buy them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fourthmeal said:
Considering the content request (Rap), the ideal thing to do is look up the reference discs for that category and DL or buy them.
im not the best fan of rap music either, i just like it for the bass and rhythem. my favorite kind of music is actually Death Metal

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
AudioEscape03 said:
fourthmeal said:
im not the best fan of rap music either, i just like it for the bass and rhythem. my favorite kind of music is actually Death Metal
The reason I said what I did is that most Rap is not produced very well, so sound quality suffers. The reference discs exceed this and do the genre proud.

If you like death metal (and grind is a stretch), you should d/l the Bring Me the Horizon remix they had done with all the electronic artists. Its Drum n Bass / Dubstep but with BMTH songs, and the production values are absolutely tops. And there is bass for days in it. its really a genre-bender like Celldweller but its worth a listen.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has anyone checked out Jean Michel Jarre, Oxygene? Great recording quality and a FULL spectrum of musical ranges. You can't dance to it but I find it relaxing instead of a metric ton of BUMP BUMP A BUMP!

·
Registered
31 Posts
For Rap...I agree production quality is slightly less than good for most artists. I believe that Eminems songs are mixed with a little more "oomph" and its not too overwhelming. The remix of "way I am" is quite good for this. Its got heavy guitars and solid low end. I just have a pioneer 3200bt and stock speakers right now, and it does a fine job (for now) of the low end I am looking for. It quickly tells me that I need subs soon, but at least its tolerable. I am a progressive rock/metal fan myself. I rarely delve into hip hop, so i guess eminem is my only honest reference to that style of music. Either way, I jam Tool, Porcupine Tree, Mogwai, Sevendust, a few more. but thats a taste of some of whats out there in better productions. Porcupine Tree by far supercedes ANY rock music production I have heard as of late. With the right system and tweaks, its pretty damn impressive, the sonic range of their music is awesome. and it presents a fantastic sound stage in the vehicle when tuned correctly. just my two cents :) enjoy your hunt for awesome bass!
BTW...Metal music..good bass (check out older lamb of god - ashes of the wake, or shadows fall) I dig em, hopefully you will too.

·
Registered
138 Posts
fourthmeal said:
Rap is not produced very well, so sound quality suffers.
I thought the opposite, some of the best sounding music I find, is rap. Artists like Young Jeezy, Flo Rida and Timbaland come to mind. They also have great bass in some songs (especially Young Jeezy)

as for a rap song with crazy bass, the best one that i've heard with my setup is: Cam'ron - Killa Cam

it starts off with a single voice, then goes crazy

·
Registered
53 Posts
I used to listen to MC Ren - Shock of the Hour to push a system way......... back in the day. Cee Lo Green and his perfect imperfections album has quite a bit of thump to it as well. The song "One for the Road off of that album is worth the price of admission alone. If your looking for some really good grindcore to push subs, check out Cannibal Corpse's Eviseration Plague album. The drums are sick on that album. will definetly push any system especially to see if your speakers response can keep up. I know there was no Drum and Bass request, but Roni Size rocks as well.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 36 Posts