Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just noticed that my battery check spot is red rather than the normal green so that means the electrolyte is low in the battery.

Would i ask dealer to just replace it or accept that they fill it up???

do i risk having future issues with it if they just put water to level it up?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
gbrown69 said:
i just noticed that my battery check spot is red rather than the normal green so that means the electrolyte is low in the battery.

Would i ask dealer to just replace it or accept that they fill it up???

do i risk having future issues with it if they just put water to level it up?
Should be a "Maintenence Free" battrey or no way add water.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
It could simply be the little indicator is faulty. I would take it in and have them replace the battery. First year of ownership is on the manufacturer. No arguements. Check your warranty, but they have always given me any part replacement or adjustments when I took it in during the first year on any new car. Even new wiper blades. They want me back and happy. Should be no different for you.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Those "inspection windows" on the OEM batteries only monitor 1 out of the 6 cells just FYI. anyway, as long as you're within warranty, they should replace it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that'S what i'll do... dealer is very friendly and will replace it without problem...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn! leaving job this week and no current at all on the truck... dead battery! light were forgot on and drain the battery to death! But isn't it supposed to have an anti-discharge system on this car to prevent draining the battery??

How it works? normally it should have shut off the light after a certain period of time?? isn't it.

if it is, the anti discharge mechanism didn't work on this one...

any ideas??

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I'm not for certain, but I think if the interior lamp is manually turned on it will remain on. I suppose it over rides the auto off feature. It's one of the first issues of ownership my wife had to learn about with the 08 Tribute. :shrug:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on my side it was the parking light that remain on so the battery went dead...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts