Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my alternator went, it damaged my battery. I need a new battery soon. Had a diehard, was great. Any suggestions on what to get? Optima, Diehard, Interstate, etc.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i have been using autozone dura-last in various vehicles and they seem to be a good battery.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
My Duralast from Auto zone in my F-150 is a two year battery. It's been working away for almost four years now. $35 is a pretty good price for that kinda service.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a diehard currently, have had it three years, but the alt had damaged it.

I've also been seeing Kinetic, Odyssey, and other agm batteries. Price isn't that big of a deal, and I'm looking for something better or as good as my diehard.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I replaced my battery in January with a Diehard Gold. I've always gotten Diehard batteries as replacements. Never had a problem. 3 year free replacement warranty 100 month (8yr 4mo) pro-rated warranty.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, I've only had my diehard 3 years, wonder if I can take it back to sears. I've always had diehards too. My Camaro had an old one that the original owner had, and I never had a prob with it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Depends on what you plan to do really. If you're going to be playing off road a lot, I would get a sealed battery like Optima. That's what I have. They are much more resistant to vibrational damage and you don't have to worry about maintenance. The price difference is like night and day however.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been using Advanced Auto's Autocraft batteries in my cars. Reasonable price and no problems so far.

What makes you think the alternator damaged the battery?

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
KOD said:
Hmm, I've only had my diehard 3 years, wonder if I can take it back to sears.
You can always try. What's the worst they can do, say no because you damaged it? (I wonder if they can prove that.) Besides, you were planning on buying a new one anyway.

In the old days, Sears was great with their warranties. Once, I got a 6 month old tire replaced for free after it was punctured. They guy said it was obviously not a defectand he pointed out why. But then he said he had just one left in stock and he wrote it up as a warranty replacement. I don't think that would happen these days.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When my alt went out (at 80mph no the highway) it sent a pwer surge through my truck and now the battery is down to 1/3 power or w.e. I've heard bad things about the optima red top, but good things about the yellow top. I think I may go with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts