Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i accidentally hit the x so now i have to do this all over again.

this place cost 108/night with my government discount. we have stayed there twice, its a great place.
there is a dell computer with printer, fax and photo copier available, high speed, wireless for the laptop. digital cable with hundreds of channels, a bar/restaurant on the main floor. real leather furniture, the list of great things is endless

view from the balcony, me and my wife

parliament in the background

inside the place

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Heck yeah! That place looks great for the money, and the size and accroutrements are outstanding. Makes the Double Tree that I stayed at in Memphis this past week seem like the Motel 6! It had none of that, plus it was dirty, cramped, no pc, no service, and it cost $238/night!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, who are those people wandering through your pictures?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
That's what it cost me for three days in Memphis...total. Three adults; My wife, son and myself. Nothing fancy, the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception dinner were paid for by the groom and bride's family no cost to me! About $1150 for travel expenses, breakfast, lunch at restaurants and room at the DT.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
jonas1022 said:
That's what it cost me for three days in Memphis...total. Three adults; My wife, son and myself. Nothing fancy, the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception dinner were paid for by the groom and bride's family no cost to me! About $1150 for travel expenses, breakfast, lunch at restaurants and room at the DT.
Our daughter is staying home because she can't get the time off. Our son still hasn't decided if he is going or not. My husband said that if our son decides to go he was going to pay him off to stay home. :lol: He was kidding, I think.... :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Colleen said:
jonas1022 said:
Our daughter is staying home because she can't get the time off. Our son still hasn't decided if he is going or not. My husband said that if our son decides to go he was going to pay him off to stay home. :lol: He was kidding, I think.... :D
Sounds like you need to adjust your dance card for the week at the beach... :whistle:

·
Registered
114 Posts
That does sound like a nice place and I really like the view. A good hotel room makes any trip just a little bit better that's for sure.

I, on the other hand, usually stay in one of those cheap motels on the outskirts of town with the paper thin walls. The entertainment for the night is usually couples arguing or doing "other stuff" in the next rooms, dogs barking, and me trying to get good reception on the nasty old TV. :cigar:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:lol:

We've really lucked out with hotel deals in the past few years.

* The last time we were in Vegas, we stayed for a week at The Stratosphere for $31/night.

* We always go to Toronto for my birthday in January for a four-day weekend. We usually stay at either the Sheraton Centre or Delta Chelsea. Both of them run around CDN$80/night after a little playing around with Priceline. I really like Sheraton Centre, since it has an outdoor pool. It's such a riot in the snow...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the hilton thats across the street from pearson airport is a real nice place as well. i do enjoy getting a discount at pretty much any hotel though. its one of the perks of having a government job Lol.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im a soldier. its not need to know Lol. i only have secret for a security level. you can find more on the internet then im allowed to know HAHA

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like a cool place to stay! It looks like it's right off Elgin, good area for restaurants and bars/pubs. That's the Chateau Laurier in your pic and not the Parliament though... :D

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i thought that was one of the parliament buildings LoL, the castle looking thing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.