Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be worth a few minutes of deep thought...

My choice: the 1958 Aston Martin DB4 Zagato. Original price: $14,250. 19 produced. Last one sold at auction for over $3,000,000. Tell me this design isn't 50 years ahead of it's time.

Ok, what's your pick for the best looking car of all time?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
For the 1950's decade aston martin was ahead of its time. This is noticeable in the overall design of car body.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Bro-in-law and I share an affection for British sports cars.

My vote? The 2008 Aston-Martin DB9 Volante and Coupe (background). These are in US-spec trim.

Even on looks alone, the front end simply melts cameras and rear-view mirrors. I'm very critical of design, which is why I probably can't look at something from years ago and say that it looks better than something designed recently. That's just me. When I look at the total design, I have to give full props it to the person or group of people that designed the DB9. But even more amazing is that Aston-Martins are always evolutionary designs, incorporating original style elements in constantly-progressing forms.

I don't need to mention that with a silky-smooth 5.9-liter V12 and a six-speed manual, this thing is literally sheer perfection on wheels.

You'd need to pry me out of it.

:drool:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Hmmm.....best looking car of all time is hard for me......I like a lot of 'em!
If I could have any car I wanted right now, I'd get a BMW roadster! OOh, would that be fun!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
08HybridOK said:
http://www.ponytrader.com/viewimage.php?photo=3112&width=500&height=375#
http://www.ponytrader.com/viewimage.php?photo=3111#

I hope those work, it's to early to think straight.
:confused: don't know why anyone would do that to a classic.

But to the topic, even tho I'm a for man, the Bel air's, original T-birds, but for truck the classic Ford Stepsides!

http://www.valleymotorsofwinona.com/ima ... 70526b.JPG
Esp the hard top version of the 50's Fairlane
Some very good choices, especially the 57. I personally prefer the 67 Galaxie 500 hardtop. Sorry no pics of it. :wall:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
jpark said:
My vote? The 2008 Aston-Martin DB9 Volante and Coupe (background).
There are a lot of georgous vehicles out there but I'm with JP and his Bro-in-Law. I think the current line of Aston's are the hottest things on the road today... especially the Coupes. If I could afford one, I'd have one.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
RobtRoma said:
jpark said:
My vote? The 2008 Aston-Martin DB9 Volante and Coupe (background).
There are a lot of georgous vehicles out there but I'm with JP and his Bro-in-Law. I think the current line of Aston's are the hottest things on the road today... especially the Coupes. If I could afford one, I'd have one.
Same here. If I only had the $$$$$ to get one :wall:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Aston Martin DB9 or V12 Vanquish...

My woman wants to have a super stretch Escalade or Navigator for our wedding, and I wanna rent an Aston on our honeymoon...I don't car if it costs me over $500 or even $1000...I WILL rent one for a day...

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
My vote for Best looking car of all time is the Mercedes Benz 300 Gullwing Coupe. It was ahead of its time and still looks great considering it is over 50 years old.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello JPark and 10Kpharo. There is a jaguar and audi dealership in town by the name of " Solitaire Motors" They have the latest Aston Martin as a coupe sedan, and the other as a coupe open top as in cabriolet. :) :drool:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Sorry guys but I have to go with this:

·
Registered
367 Posts
My vote for best looking car is the Ford GT, with the Aston Martin DB9 coming in second, the 1969 Mustang Boss 302/429 coming in third, and the '89-'93 Thunderbird SC fourth.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
I can't decide on a favorite vehicle, but I would not mind having this sitting in our driveway !! :)

I like this one too.

Oh, and Chris, that Stingray is awesome !!! :thumb:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I can not decide , between the Aston Martin V8 Vantage or the mustangs. That humdinger lottery win is being elusive. :)

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
One car I would really like to own has been the Porsche 993, which is the internal name for the 1992-1998 911 Carrera, the last of the air cooled Porsches. Maybe it's because my friend worked at a Porsche dealer so I could get all over and into one but I think it's easily the best looking Porsche and probebly the best looking car I've seen.

Here's a 1996 911:

Second best looking: 2000 Pontiac Aztek :hyst:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Ajax said:
Second best looking: 2000 Pontiac Aztek :hyst:
Abberrant behavior!!!! Abberrant behavior!!!!

Please do not pass Go! Do not collect $200!!! :doh:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts