Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody attending the festivities madness Black Friday sales?
I know I'm not. This Escape Artist is going back to bed, now that my better half is safely at work.
I'd rather pay full price than fight somebody for a discounted item.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,649 Posts
I am not going shopping either today.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
My nephews always want something crazy expensive so we all chip in to get it (like week-long ski lift tickets, a Nintendo DSi last year)

I went to Paneras at a shopping center to get breakfast, people were driving distractedly there! :wacko:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
There are many things worth experiencing at least once in life...to me, going shopping on Black Friday is not one of them.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I took the wife to work at 4AM and there were already a ton of people waiting to get in to shop. You know why they call it Black Friday? Cause people are like Sheep they'll go anytime there seems to be a bargain :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Dasha said:
There are many things worth experiencing at least once in life...to me, going shopping on Black Friday is not one of them.
Agreed.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Tang said:
Dasha said:
Agreed.
Same here, nothing on this earth I want badly enough to fight with the crowds to get. I buy nearly any expensive item online anyway, and usually get a better price than a store ever offers, even on sale, and counting shipping. The computer I am typing on right now was purchased online and I got it for $150 or so cheaper than in the stores, and as much as $300 cheaper than some listings I found.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See, I also get claustrophobic when people are too close to me. It's the same thing when I drive. I like to give the guy in front of me plenty of room to do something stupid, and likewise with the guy following me. I don't trust either his reaction time or his brakes.
I'm the same way when I shop. I don't like to be that close to strangers. And for me, the sales prices just aren't worth it. Plus, I like to sleep in when I can, because I usually don't get very many of those days where I can.
I don't see the point in getting all worked up over a few dollars. If the savings are worth it to you, kudos for being a price-conscious shopper, but for me, I'd rather stay home in my sweatpants and read E-C. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Nope, did it once about 20 years ago. I'll never do it again.

·
Registered
748 Posts
If theres anything I hate its being hearded like cattle with a big group of strangers. I was not a part of Black Friday. Few deals are worth the hassle IMO.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Slept till 11 am and putting up Christmas lights I was smart this year and did all of my shopping before Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SandSpiderII said:
If theres anything I hate its being hearded like cattle with a big group of strangers. I was not a part of Black Friday. Few deals are worth the hassle IMO.
I agree with you whole-heartedly.
Oh, and btw...
:welcome:

·
Registered
748 Posts
theescaperoute said:
SandSpiderII said:
I agree with you whole-heartedly.
Oh, and btw...
:welcome:
Thank you! It's good to be here!

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Ahhhhh! So I went. Looks like I was one of the few if not only from our EC family who went. I didn't need any big electronic item that would have me standing outside in line forever. I just waited in Ean until the doors opened then I went in. I went to Kohl's, Mall, Shopko, and Walmart. It really wasn't that bad and I got some good stuff. :D which I listed in twitter twash lol

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Drove by the Tacoma Mall on the way home this morning (7:00 am) and the parking lot was packed! Crazy.. :)P

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Stores at our mall opened at midnight and I went there after Kohl's so around 4am. So the crowd died down there. Kohl's was possibly the craziest place I visited.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I went to Walmart and bought a couple of extension cords and some groceries. No waiting, walked in, found what we wanted and checked out. Took about 20 minutes. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
I usually don't do Black Friday. Imo, the savings is not worth fighting the crowds.
Hubby went to Lowes and picked up a few things. I stayed in bed and slept. :yes:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts