Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i go about finding a black grill for my 2010 Ford Escape XLT? Any certian website where i can find one

·
Registered
187 Posts
The black grille is part of the Sport Appearance Package offered on the new Escape. I do not think the grille is currently offered as an accessory through the Ford parts counter yet. You have two options:

1) Wait and see if the sport appearance package will be released as an add on accessory kit

2) Remove your chrome grille and take it in to a body shop for powder coating.

·
Registered
467 Posts
it'S sure that ford have the part available so if i have an accident with my escape and the black grille have to be replaced, ford will have the part available.

as all the sport appearance escape (black, red and silver) have the same black grille, it's certain that there is a part number for it.

just go to the dealer and tell you have to replace the grille on an appearance pack escape and you'll have it no problem...

·
Registered
187 Posts
So did you buy it yet? Those black grilles look really good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea im buying it tonight at some point when i get home from work. Already smoked out tail lights last week and tinted front windows with a 40% film. The car is looking pretty sick. Once spring hits ill be putting the rims on. Ill put up some pictures later on today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
467 Posts
those will have to be painted with the black paint code of the appearance package as the are black primer matte...

but they will fit perfect... on 08 09 10 escapes

·
Registered
574 Posts
check out my post in Exterior Mods: New Grille and Antenna.

I got my black grille from tascafordparts.com 175 bucks painted and shipped. looks great on my car.

check it out:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
What's odd is the photos show a black grill but the description reads "GRILLE ASSEMBLY MATTE-WHITE WITHOUT APPEARANCE PACKAGE"... I wonder which one you get. I guess if you need to get it painted, it doesn't really matter...

·
Registered
679 Posts
ahh u still need some chrome in there!!! :beer:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Stealth87,
What paint code did you use for your black grill? I have a silver escape and I am looking to get a black grill for it from tascafordparts but I am not sure what the code is? Yours is nicely done, nice polished black look which is what I am aiming for-for my escape. I dont want to give the wrong code and get stuck with a matte black grill etc. The one colour polished black looks awesome!
Your response is appreciated, Thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
canadianescape said:
Hello Stealth87,
What paint code did you use for your black grill? I have a silver escape and I am looking to get a black grill for it from tascafordparts but I am not sure what the code is? Yours is nicely done, nice polished black look which is what I am aiming for-for my escape. I dont want to give the wrong code and get stuck with a matte black grill etc. The one colour polished black looks awesome!
Hey! Glad you like it. I love the way my escape looks these days. The code I gave them I believe was UA. Which is the code for the Black ford uses.

Good luck and post some pics when you get that bad boy installed!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Stealth87 said:
canadianescape said:
Hello Stealth87,
Hey! Glad you like it. I love the way my escape looks these days. The code I gave them I believe was UA. Which is the code for the Black ford uses.

Stealth,

Did you know that an eBay seller is using pictures of your Escape to sell bull bars? Check it out. I know eBay sellers have a reputation for stealing pics off the web. Contact them if you don't approve.

·
Registered
574 Posts
MichaelJD1980 said:
Stealth87 said:
canadianescape said:
Hello Stealth87,

Stealth,

Did you know that an eBay seller is using pictures of your Escape to sell bull bars? Check it out. I know eBay sellers have a reputation for stealing pics off the web. Contact them if you don't approve.
Yeah I am actually aware and gave them permission to use it since they gave me a credit towards the bull bar if they could use it!

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I asked Stealth too. Man, what a celebrity.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Where did you get the antenna?

·
Registered
22 Posts
can i suggest an SES billet grille for the black grille. I have a sport appearance package 2011 w/ some 22 inch black rims i'm gonna post pictures soon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts