Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Black grille for a 2008 escape?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Stealth87 
#1 ·
Anyone know where I can find a black grilles for the 2008 XLT? I hate chrome but love the escape. I realize you can paint them but I dont know whether or not it will turn out like shit or not?

Thanks

#2 ·
I'll send you a (used) painted white grille for you to sand down and paint black on your own if you cover the shipping expense. I need to get rid of it. I don't have the materials, tools, or time for the project.

#4 ·
I'm in the process of checking shipping prices right now (I am also in the process of moving, ha) for someone who PMed me a while ago. Only assuming by looking at your signature picture, I don't have the grille for your Escape...

#6 ·
Hey All,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am curious about getting a black grille for my '09. Has anyone found a good aftermarket source? My Escape is black, so I would like an exact colour match. Does anyone produce grilles using exact Ford paint codes, or would I need to get one in a primered state and have it painted locally?

Thanks in advance.

#7 ·
fsdork said:
Hey All,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am curious about getting a black grille for my '09. Has anyone found a good aftermarket source? My Escape is black, so I would like an exact colour match. Does anyone produce grilles using exact Ford paint codes, or would I need to get one in a primered state and have it painted locally?

Thanks in advance.
Got mine from tascaparts.com they are based in RI. I got mine painted black (code UA). The total cost for the grille and paint job was around 175. 100 for grille, 75 for paint job.

Here is how mine looks:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.