Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

new here i just bought an 2010 escape black on black just curious to see how much it would cost just for the black grille as seen on the SAP. (canadian price)

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know when you use the Yellow can of easy-off oven cleaner on chromed plastic model parts it removes the chrome. Then you just rinse with water, dry, and make sure the part is sanded smooth. It is then ready for primer and paint. I assume this would work on the chrome escape grill as well. Then you could easily rattle can something that size. Would probably cost less than $50 for all the materials. :calvin:

·
Registered
490 Posts
^ But then you can never go back to stock, and you might get docked at trade-in time. (and it may look like [email protected]). I'd much rather buy a new black one, and keep your stock chrome as a back-up. I don't think the grills are that much $.

Example> I can buy the black Ironman Explorer grill for <$90. (I also want a black grill on my Sport Trac). It will look perfect -- as apposed to rattle can, and I can go back to stock at any time.

·
Registered
574 Posts
kkreit01 said:
^ But then you can never go back to stock, and you might get docked at trade-in time. (and it may look like [email protected]). I'd much rather buy a new black one, and keep your stock chrome as a back-up. I don't think the grills are that much $.

Example> I can buy the black Ironman Explorer grill for <$90. (I also want a black grill on my Sport Trac). It will look perfect -- as apposed to rattle can, and I can go back to stock at any time.
I second that! If i ever decided to switch back to the chrome I can.

I had mine ordered, painted and shipped for 175, not bad at all in my opinion. Check out my other posts where I have some pics of it, going to get her washed today since we finally got some nice weather around here!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts