Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BLACK WHEELS is that too much to ask. Apparently So. I have always liked the look of black wheels so I naturally wanted to put them on my 05 Escape. So the search started. I had my eye set on some Cragar Soft 8 Black Steel Wheels. They were cheap, strong, and looked cool. However after extensive research online and with Cragar, they would not be a viable option due to the high offset. I really like the off road look so the black street style wheels won't work. Now I have come to the point to get my stock alloy wheels powder coated black. Before I do this does anyone have leads on black wheels or powder coating experience. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Specs for Possible Wheels

16x7 Wheel
4 Bolts on 5.5
45mm Offset

I appreciate all the help it has been a hell of a search.

·
Registered
232 Posts
45 off est are u sure? mine are 35 so are a lot of the guys on here

are u only after that size u dont want to go bigger?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could be wrong about the offset. I want to keep them as close to stock as possible. Also I want 16x7 because I just got new tires in this size.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those are some good looking wheels, but not my personal preference. I think I'm going to have them powder coated. I got a quote for $50 a wheel. So that is pretty cheap. The only problem is that I would like to see what it would look like first.

·
Registered
232 Posts
cool im sure some one on here had theirs done but i cant remember who it was but looked cool
50 a wheel seems a decent price
good luck with what eva u do

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have black 20's WAITING to go onto my Black 05 Escape limited. I ordered 4 tires, but only 2 came so far. Once the other 2 get here I'll be posting pics!!! Hopefully they get here SOOON!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello State Spartan. Thanks for the image links. Yes, those powder coated wheels are an interesting effect. :) :happy: :thumb: :welcome:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
if your going to powder coat your stock ones, go with a real shiny black. are those rims in yout pic powder coated? they sure look like they are just it with spray cans. (aka rattle cans)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
420 Posts
the wheels on the lifeguard escape look great...i would consider this for mine after seeing those pics. if u can get the stock rims done for $50 a piece and they look like that, i say do it

·
Registered
420 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts