Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, this my first post. :hi:

I got a 2007 Escape XLT... and I can't seem to find the block heater cord. Now I am thinking, could it maybe not have one? I would really be surprised if it doesn't,my other car which is a 2002 Focus has one.. and since the SUV was sold in an area with harsh winters...I would think there is one. :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
The block heater cord was a dealer-installed item, so it could have been forgotten. Mine was behind the bumper cover, above where the lower opening is for the transmission cooler.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... looks like I might have to crawl under the truck to find out.. Is there a way to see anything from on top?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I don't know of one, although I have never tried to follow the block heater cord back to the engine.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
there is a clip that holds mine up under the bumper when its in the summer position, your gonna hafta crawl under a bit lol

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Mike50 said:
Hi guys, this my first post. :hi:

I got a 2007 Escape XLT... and I can't seem to find the block heater cord. Now I am thinking, could it maybe not have one? I would really be surprised if it doesn't,my other car which is a 2002 Focus has one.. and since the SUV was sold in an area with harsh winters...I would think there is one. :confused:
Welcome to EC!! :welcome:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, Dasha! :hi:

Thats what I thought, gonna have to haul my carcass underneath it to check.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Welcome to the board dude!! Have fun crawling!! :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
did you find it or what?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So far from on top I haven't been able to see anything that even remotely resembles an electrical cord.Since it's been snowing here forever, I couldn't crawl under the truck either... with all the muck and all... :(

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I don't think you need to crawl under the truck. Mine was behind the bumper cover.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I stuck my hand under the bottom opening and EUREKA!... there it was neatly tucked above the opening..... :woohoo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts