Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Box Tuning

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Weezy504 
6 cu ft and you want 38ish hz? i'll try and cram some numbers tomorrow @ work and see what i can come up with.

--edit

just playing around on the net i ran across this http://www.cerwinvegamobile.com/CVM_enclosures.html that should give you the size port you need along with length of port and gives you a net volume to achieve 40hz. just figure out your numbers for 2 subs and you should be good. also heres another good tool http://www.ajdesigner.com/speaker/index.php <-- sealed/vented/bandpass box building programs. you cant "design" the box with it, but you can fine tune the numbers with it. hope i helped out a little

i try :)

i'm still gonna call around and figure out more info

that's a 10.21 cu ft box.

jshak07 said:
Threw together some numbers, tell me wat u think
Box Dimensions - these are external dimensions, I will be using 3/4" MDF wood
Height - 32.25 in
Width - 36.5 in
Depth - 15 in
Port Dimensions
Height - 3 in
Width - 12 in
Depth - 15 in

si, pero, why do you need a 9 cu ft box? 1 12" stroker only requires 2.5 cu ft with a 20 sq in port to achieve 40hz

jshak07 said:
The port will have a bend effect to take in effect tuning and the dimensions were external so it is really around a 9 cu ft box before the port which is what I am looking for

12" x 12" x 12" = 1728 = 1 cu ft

figure out your inside dimensions, divide it by that and you'll have your sq footage. CV recommends 2.5 cu ft per sub for 40hz... after sub 2.21 net volume. so 3 cubes is still a little much for me. you may end up bottoming the subs out.

jshak07 said:
The box isnt really that big. Those dimensions are outer measurements. I was given the dimenions by someone else who had a box similar to that in a separate forum. If you use inner measuremtns and take in account the port and sub space, it is around 3 cu ft per chamber tuned to about 40 hz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.