Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered EBC brake rotors and Hawk brake pads for the escape from Summit Racing and installed (or tried to install) them Saturday. I finally got everything apart and put on the new rotor and then tried to put the new brake pads on but found that they didnt fit. So I put the old brake pads on until I could get some different pads. Drove down to O'Reillys and purchased some wagner brake pads and put those on. Now the pads seem to pulsate some and make a roaring sound when i hit the brakes hard. My question is did i screw up by putting the old brake pads on the new rotors or do i need the new pads get worked in? If i did mess up will i need to get new rotors again? A side note the rotors are cross drilled so i dont know if you can get them machined. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Well the pulsating part I have questions about. Are you geting a pulse all the way around or just on one side or one wheel???? Any how after you put everything back together did you pump your brakes and smash the pedal all the way down, then move? I think what it may be as well is the 9mm i think (the big @ss allen in the back) Did you get that torqued in (or just really really hand jammed is good enough)??? On the roaring part is just the brakes BREAKIN in . The sounds may sound like; as I like to say like 2 plates in the kitchen cabinet that grind together when rotating on each other.

justescaped said:
I ordered EBC brake rotors and Hawk brake pads for the escape from Summit Racing and installed (or tried to install) them Saturday. I finally got everything apart and put on the new rotor and then tried to put the new brake pads on but found that they didnt fit. So I put the old brake pads on until I could get some different pads. Drove down to O'Reillys and purchased some wagner brake pads and put those on. Now the pads seem to pulsate some and make a roaring sound when i hit the brakes hard. My question is did i screw up by putting the old brake pads on the new rotors or do i need the new pads get worked in? If i did mess up will i need to get new rotors again? A side note the rotors are cross drilled so i dont know if you can get them machined. :shrug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts