Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, newbie here, bought an '01 Escape, V6, 4wd , when i press on the brake pedal the whole vehicle surges back & forth right until i come to a stop ,, i dont feel nothing in the pedal,?, i figured it was warpped rotors, but i thought u would only feel that in the pedal with warpped rotors, n e ideas of what caused this,, as i never experienced this problem with a vehicle before ???

·
Super Moderator
4,737 Posts
Not sure. When I had warped rotors on Edge I felt it through the brake pedal and felt the surge through the car like you described.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I've warped the rotors on my Escape twice. Both times I mostly felt it in the pedal. You problem sounds more like a suspension issue to me... What exactly?... I don't know...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
ABS? :confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oskerb said:
well the ABS light was on ever since i bought it,, they were cutting in the moment u pressed the brake pedal,,so i pulled the fuse for now and it stopped that,,,i was reading thru the forms here for a bit now and all i can come up with is that the Tone Rings are popped out of place ,,i guess there suppose to be back against that lip on that cv joint end,?,, so i was gonna try to tap them back against that lip and see if that fixes the problem,,

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Glad you figured it out and it was a fairly simple thing! :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RobtRoma said:
Glad you figured it out and it was a fairly simple thing! :thumb:
yaa considering i never experienced this type of problem before,, like i said earlier , usually the brake pedal moves up and down,, not the whole car shake !!!,,

just wanta thro a THANX out to everyone that thru some thoughts of what it could be to me,, was a $65 fix so not to bad :yes:

:rockon:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts