Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey good people of the internet. I sold my very expensive car and bought a Ford Maverick/escape xlt from 2005 to save some money. However I found out it does pretty good off roading. And being the outdoorsy person I am i like that! Therfore I'd like to stop saving money and instead spending some on getting the looks and capability of my truck up. Some mods I've looked into are ofc lift kit, wheels and tires and a roof rack. I'm not looking for anything crazy just a good camping car I can drive almost anywhere. But being that I'm based in Europe I cannot use the way better American market unless I wanna sell my soul to the devil first. So I need some help.

I'm also looking for any tips and tricks as I'm brand new to these kinds of trucks!

Lift kit recommendations? What are yall running? Should I even bother getting one?

Wheels and tiers? Cheep but good recommendations? Not looking for straight up mud tiers but some good tiers and wheels that can do both.

Roof rack? Options available that won't cover the sunroof to much but still be able to carry some gear.

Skid plate? Worth it? Recommendations that FTS carry a good option for the escape. However these are shipped from Asia and might be a bit problematic getting my hands on.

Anything else I might need? Any other tips? Anything helps and I'm really just looking to learn! Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Welcome to the City!!! We are glad you joined us!!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
In my opinion, a lift kit and skid plates are a waste of money on these because the suspension arms will still hang down low, especially in the rear. There also are not any The best you can do is invest in some good off road tyres and maybe some fresh Bilsteins and enjoy. We like tyre brands like BF Goodrich, Toyo, and Nitto for off road butyou may have different ones available. Racks should be easy to find depending on what you want to use them for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my opinion, a lift kit and skid plates are a waste of money on these because the suspension arms will still hang down low, especially in the rear. There also are not any The best you can do is invest in some good off road tyres and maybe some fresh Bilsteins and enjoy. We like tyre brands like BF Goodrich, Toyo, and Nitto for off road butyou may have different ones available. Racks should be easy to find depending on what you want to use them for.
Thank you for the response!
I probably won't need a lift kit anyway as I haven't really been planning on going crazy so I think you are completely right.

As you said there aren't any skid plates available so I'm looking in to maybe crafting something easy just to cover up the essentials. But maybe I'm just being a bit paranoid.

We have all brands you listed available so lucky me! Just gotta find a pair that'll fit my needs. I've found some racks im interested in however none that are "made for my car". So I'll have to figure out some mounts. I've seen that other people have the same problem and have to build their own mounts especially for the escape.

Looks like this might be more of a DIY project than I thought! But hey that's half the fun I guess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts