Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've had these tires for over a year now, and I have made some observations with them. On gravel roads, tractor paths, wet pavement and snow-coverd surfaces, these tires offer fantastic grip. Stopping power and lateral grip are improved over the OEM Continentals, especially in the snow.

I've also noticed that these tires are loud, especially when it's cold, and you drive above 80km's/hr. They are also kinda rough on some occasions too, but these are trade-offs for the excellent grip the offer.

I drove around my neighbourhood tonight that's buried in snow, including driving up some steep hills that weren't even plowed, and the Escape accelerated up the hill without any fuss. Not bad considering how aggresive of a pattern they are, and that they are an A/T All-Season tire, and not a full-blown snow tire.

All in all, I'm thrilled with the performance I've gotten from these tires. I'm likely going to buy them again when this set wears out, as the amount of positive points displayed by them, outnumber the negative ones.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've read reports that these tires lose a great deal of traction once they reach 1/2 tread remaining. If you keep them for another year or two could you comment on any perceved 'slick' effect?

·
Registered
420 Posts
just bought some revo 2's

very quiet compared to continentals

smooth

only put a few miles on them so far, will continue to post reviews after i test them better

·
Registered
51 Posts
Almost anything is better than the stock Continentals. Our first Escape was my wifes' '01 and it was pathetic in the snow. I found that very odd but also knew those were some cheap a** tires so I swapped them out right away for a set of BFG all terrain ta's & it turned into a snow beast! HUGE difference! They are bit noisey but man they have a tenacious grip both on & off road. Not to mention they last about 100k :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
FWIW - I had these on my F250 and I didn't like them. They were on there when I bought the truck so I put like 30k on them. Not sure how many miles on them total but they were real loud. Very annoying on the interstate plus not great traction towards the end of their life. They weren't bald by no means but just not a very good tire. I replaced them with the Goodyear Silent Armour's. Night and day difference. Better ride, quiet and traction was outstanding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.