Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am writing this with Google Chrome. My IE no longer works after the surprise update to SP3. Firefox is the same problem as reported before (can't log in) even after an upgrade to version 3.

I loaded Chrome in an attempt to respond to a post here, and it worked. Sometimes it's faster, sometimes it doesn't work at all (like with my Network Solutions Email).

Just thought I'd mention it, I know the Firefox problem has been around for a while.

-p

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I still can't reproduce the Firefox problem, even after upgrading to 3.0 (and needing a Flash Beta upgrade to make Flash work again :wall: ).

I'll look at it again tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I had a similar problem signing on with FireFox. I would put in my info and it wouldn't log me in. It would ask for the user name and password again. HOWEVER.... I would be listed under the Registered Users as if I was logged in. This was on a fresh test installation that I don't have anymore so I can't do anymore testing. For now I'm sticking with IE...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I'll try changing the cookie names at some point on Monday. The only thing I don't like about doing that is that everyone else will need to clear cookies before they'll be able to sign in.

If I do this, I'll put up an announcement.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
thats weird, it must be a setting or something, because i upgraded to SP3 and then a few days ago FF updated and i guess im lucky because i have had no problems yet.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I don't have any problems with any browser, and that includes Opera.

XP SP3 went without a hitch, and I'm running Windows 2000 on another partition. Other than the borders and minimum width not working correctly on IE6 (it didn't support certain CSS features), even that works.

:shrug:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
prowler said:
I am writing this with Google Chrome. My IE no longer works after the surprise update to SP3. Firefox is the same problem as reported before (can't log in) even after an upgrade to version 3.

I loaded Chrome in an attempt to respond to a post here, and it worked. Sometimes it's faster, sometimes it doesn't work at all (like with my Network Solutions Email).

Just thought I'd mention it, I know the Firefox problem has been around for a while.

-p
Did you try doing a system restore, or falling back to an earlier date on your computer? I had an issue when I first joined E-C where I would get booted out on my home PC (IE) on a regular basis. For some reason, I did a system restore and it has worked fine since then. Not perfect, but fine. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Have you tried clearing all cookies and temporary files?

RobtRoma - how fresh was your install? If it was brand-spanking-new, my cookie clearing suggestion probably will not work. Did you have any browser extensions installed (i.e., fingerprint recognition software, antivirus that regulates cookies, etc.)?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jonas1022 said:
Did you try doing a system restore, or falling back to an earlier date on your computer? I had an issue when I first joined E-C where I would get booted out on my home PC (IE) on a regular basis. For some reason, I did a system restore and it has worked fine since then. Not perfect, but fine. :shrug:
I hesitate to do that, because I'd have to restore so far back that I'd lose all of the other changes I've made in the interim. For now, Chrome is working when I need to post.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
No problems here at the moment. Currently using WinXP with service pack 2. Using internet explorer as a browser. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts