Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bruder toys are fantastic..
Ok, they are manufactured out of plastic, but they have been tested to extensive lengths by my 2 yearold son (And me :play: :whistle: ), and are still in great condition..
They a very realistic, have great play features (esp the fire engine with working waterpump, great for soaking an unaware wife :lol: ) and are a BIG 1/16 scale..

Downside is that they are expensive, the low loader cost me £55.00, but it was worth it :thumb:
 

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
Joined
·
20,590 Posts
Camus,

Yes the toys sound expensive. But if you (and your son) get as much use out of them, it makes a lot more sense from an economic perspective.

The thing that intrigues me about these toys is the fact that they
camusdarrach said:
have great play features (esp the fire engine with working waterpump, great for soaking an unaware wife :lol: ) and are a BIG 1/16 scale..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,571 Posts
You are having fun and creating memories with your son. Can't put a price on that, right?
As he gets older, the price of his "toys" will increase. :yes:
Just enjoy him. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well. we bought our son his first bruder toy, a Mercedes skip truck, when he was 1 year old.
Its been sat on, thrown down the staircase, and been generally abused for over a year, but it's till as good as new, not a mark on it.
Goes to show how well made they are, so the extra money they cost is worth it in the long run :thumb:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Reminds me of my Tonka Trucks as a kid. They were heavy gauge metal stampings. These are probably a good bit more safe that those. And the detail accuracy is amazing! Heck, I might have to buy a couple for my "car" collection! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Reminds me of my Tonka Trucks as a kid. They were heavy gauge metal stampings. These are probably a good bit more safe that those. And the detail accuracy is amazing! Heck, I might have to buy a couple for my "car" collection! :D
hehe nothing like sitting in the dump box of a tonka truck when your about 4yrs old and trying to ride it down a hill. :woohoo:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
CrashNburn said:
jonas1022 said:
Reminds me of my Tonka Trucks as a kid. They were heavy gauge metal stampings. These are probably a good bit more safe that those. And the detail accuracy is amazing! Heck, I might have to buy a couple for my "car" collection! :D
hehe nothing like sitting in the dump box of a tonka truck when your about 4yrs old and trying to ride it down a hill. :woohoo:
That's true! :yes: I had one of those and rode on it as well as others. A Livestock trailer and tractor, dozer, lowboy and tractor, plus a blue pickup. I told my wife about my childhood toys years ago, and so about a year later she found a new in box pickup truck. Just like when I was a Kid! HA! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CrashNburn said:
jonas1022 said:
Reminds me of my Tonka Trucks as a kid. They were heavy gauge metal stampings. These are probably a good bit more safe that those. And the detail accuracy is amazing! Heck, I might have to buy a couple for my "car" collection! :D
hehe nothing like sitting in the dump box of a tonka truck when your about 4yrs old and trying to ride it down a hill. :woohoo:
4 years old, hmm, were you a "late starter" :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
we couldnt afford toys till i was 4. HAHA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
:censor: you... HAHAHAHA.. actually my mom did get me a hockey stick that was left handed once. i did have to learn how to use it. :bang:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top