Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use to have an AVS bug deflector for my 2002,but thanks to a jerk blowing stop sign and having to deal with horrible gieco ( and there replacement parts rules) I have a Lund now. The Lund is junk it flaps in the wind above 50mph...I advise don't buy!

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Just got Ean an OEM Ford one. I like the look and the price was very nice. I dislike the screws used to install it. They were some cheap plastic things. They sent me 6 and I broke 2 of them. Luckily Ean only needed 4 to attach it to his hood. So far so good! :thumb: The middle portion of it moves a tiny bit. Nothing horrible but that is also at like 70 mph haha

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Ean-The-Escape said:
Just got Ean an OEM Ford one. I like the look and the price was very nice. I dislike the screws used to install it. They were some cheap plastic things. They sent me 6 and I broke 2 of them. Luckily Ean only needed 4 to attach it to his hood. So far so good! :thumb: The middle portion of it moves a tiny bit. Nothing horrible but that is also at like 70 mph haha
Nothing to worry about.At 150mph that little movement goes away. :bang: :bang: :bang:
...that's my abnoxious head I'm banging.Not your short hair one!

·
Registered
27 Posts
truck490 said:
I use to have an AVS bug deflector for my 2002,but thanks to a jerk blowing stop sign and having to deal with horrible gieco ( and there replacement parts rules) I have a Lund now. The Lund is junk it flaps in the wind above 50mph...I advise don't buy!
I could be wrong but I think Lund makes the AVS or vice versa. I bought the AVS window vents and the invoice attached to them was from Lund.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Ford OEM bug deflector came with my escape when i bought it, but it wasnt installed correctly, one side was farther away from the hood than the other, it also was rivited on. It also seemed to be brittle too and dented easily.
I now have an AVS bug deflector that my old flaky ex-boss got me because while walking next to my escape he wasnt watching where the curb was and accidentally fell on top of my escape the other day and broke the deflector...proof that the OEM deflector can deflect any size bug i guess.

Yes, AVS is made by Lund and AVS is their top-tier brand. Hopefully it will be better than the Ford one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts