Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I think a bug shield would look good on Ean. Price is really good too. :thumb: I think once it's properly installed, you don't have to worry about things like the car wash. When I had one on an Explorer, it was fine going thru the car wash.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah okay... it says the installation is simple... no drilling required. So I think I could install it myself. If I need some help my mom's bf could help me out. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I've got a Ford bug shield. Had it for 7+ yrs. I lost one of the rubber standoffs and it looks a little scratched up. The lost standoff doesn't seem to be a problem. I personally like the look on the Escape and it usually is easy to install. Some brands need drilling to install. Still not really difficult but I'm not really a fan of drilling holes in my vehicles...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Personally, I would go with an after-market shield. I have an OEM one from Ford. The lexan is thinner than any other shields I've seen. It has too much flex during highway driving. And the mounting hardware that came with it doesn't fit the factory mounting holes properly.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Four_Eyes said:
...And the mounting hardware that came with it doesn't fit the factory mounting holes properly.
I believe that's only true for the later model Escapes (08-10). I had absolutely no problem lining up & installing the OEM bug shield on my 2002 Escape...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Why deprive Ean from some company when you leave him alone?
"Down with the bug shields"! :taz: :taz: :taz:

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't deprieve him haha I try to park by Escapes as much as possible when I leave him. We have 3 Escape at the school I work for. He is usually close to one of them everyday :thumb:

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So this thread died out due to me contemplating whether to get the bug shield or not for Ean. Well looking at my bank account and subtracting my bills I decided I have the money to spend and Ean deserves one. So I just ordered it!!!! Hopefully it is shipped quickly and possibly have it by this weekend. As always I will post pics once it is installed! :yahoo:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts